PINE64
pinephone in germany (telefonica) ? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: pinephone in germany (telefonica) ? (/showthread.php?tid=12669)

pinephone in germany (telefonica) ? - robotnik - 12-30-2020

has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?
telefon, internet, roaming ? for daily use (telefon, browser, email, telegram) ? which distribution works in this case best ?
i would love to buy one to replace my main mobile. i switched this year to manjaro and would classify myself as a beginner.

thank you very much and happy new year !

RE: pinephone in germany (telefonica) ? - InternetQuatsch - 01-11-2021

(12-30-2020, 12:18 PM)robotnik Wrote: has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?
telefon, internet, roaming ? for daily use (telefon, browser, email, telegram) ? which distribution works in this case best ?
i would love to buy one to replace my main mobile. i switched this year to manjaro and would classify myself as a beginner.

I am using o2 with an older Sim, telephony is good - great, depending on the signal. However mobile data is a lost cause for me, i tried all possible combinations for APN with Arch (Posh), Mobian and Ubuntu on different os-versions. every time the modem looses the signal complety if i activate mobile data. Only reboot helps bringing it to signal reception. I changed the Modem/pcb from Braveheart to 3GB Version, still the same behaviour.
tl;dr: Telephony good, mobile data with old simcard not possible regardless of the hardware.

RE: pinephone in germany (telefonica) ? - InternetQuatsch - 01-18-2021

(01-11-2021, 12:09 PM)InternetQuatsch Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 12:18 PM)robotnik Wrote: has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?

I am using o2 with an older Sim, telephony is good - great, depending on the signal. However mobile data is a lost cause for me, i tried all possible combinations for APN with Arch (Posh), Mobian and Ubuntu on different os-versions. every time the modem looses the signal complety if i activate mobile data. Only reboot helps bringing it to signal reception. I changed the Modem/pcb from Braveheart to 3GB Version, still the same behaviour.
tl;dr: Telephony good, mobile data with old simcard not possible regardless of the hardware.

Update: with the latest nightly build of Mobian (2021 1 13 and apt update and upgrade) i finaly got working mobile Data today. Daily driver test here i come! So i guess it is possible depending on the Distro.