[Updated] Let's see which applications are compatible with the PinePhone on Manjaro
Lightbulb 
* I have a recently delivered PinePhone CE Manjaro (3GB of RAM, convergence package).
* Currently running Manjaro Beta3 for PinePhone with Phosh

Foliate

Description: It is an eBook reader.
Pinephone Compatibility rating: 1 (Partially compatible)
Notes:  
1. I was able to navigate through most screens without problem, I even managed to open an eBook file (downloaded from the internet) and read through it.
2. Main issue: the "Open book" menu item (from the upper right menu) opens a dialog window which does not scale and make choosing an ebook file from this dialog impossible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LibreOffice (Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress)
Description: A complete and free office suit for linux.
Pinephone Compatibility rating: 1 (Partially compatible)
Notes:  
1. I have tested the most used applications which are Writer (word processor), Calc (Spreadsheet software), Draw (Draw / PDF editing) and Impress (Presentation software)
2. Most functions work on a scale of from "ok-ish" to "pretty well" on the PinePhone.
3. Most of the UI elements were not optimized for a mobile device, but they seem to be useful even in the way they are.
3. The biggest major issue that I have found is that most dialog windows are not compatible with mobile device screens, they just open too large and are not usable, for some of them you could switch to Portrait mode and get around, but this is not intuitive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GNOME Screenshot

Description: Screenshot taking application
Pinephone Compatibility rating: 0 (not compatible)
Notes:  
Unable to make a screenshot, does not work

System Profiler and Benchmark

Description:  Shows a lot of useful information about your system (hardware and software)
Pinephone Compatibility rating: 1 (partially compatible)
Notes:  
1. Core functionality works, the application is able to identify and display all of the important bits of PinePhone hardware and software, pretty neat.
2. Main-Issue: UI is not mobile-friendly, the screen does not scale or convert to a mobile view, scrolling of the windows overflow is possible but not intuitive.

** So far, my taking from many application tests that I am making is that the majority of applications that are getting the "Partially compatible" rating (or close to it), are mostly having trouble with the display/scaling/mobilizing of their dialog windows such as file selection dialogs, preferences dialogs, folder tree etc.. 

** I will add more reviews as soon as I get them done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's see which applications are compatible with the PinePhone on Manjaro - by kern707 - 11-30-2020, 08:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  link for supported pinephone os manjharo et all penguins_rule 3 343 05-09-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  systemic issue pinephone penguins_rule 3 500 04-02-2024, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 621 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,726 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,684 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
  new PinePhone upgrade issue WhiteHexagon 5 1,905 05-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 845 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,993 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
  Can't add micro SD card to Pinephone thorensjubilee 7 2,672 02-27-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 1,068 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee