No Calling/texting/Data
I have my UBPorts CE on Verizon. I am on the dev channel. I can send mms, but not receive it. I can not make calls, but I can pick them up (although I can not hear the  other person and they cannot hear me) Cellular data also doesn't work. I have tried manually entering APN data, but I can only do it for internet, if I try to select MMS and Internet and put in the mmsc, it switches back to internet after I save. This has no impact on anything working. I have heard that calling and texting work fine in the new releases, but I still have nothing
Don't Worry, Be Happy ... Angel
Welcome in the world of the PinePhone.

A thing called phone - but phone functionality does not work or works absolutely unreliable since months.
Are there any solutions to this topic? I can receive SMS, but I can't make or receive phone calls.. ???
The weird thing is that is, 2 days ago it didn't. yesterday it worked, and today it doesn't work .. Undecided very unstable
I would say just try out Mobian. They don't have MMS at all but they are very much more stable and reliable than UT right now.
I'm saving it for a later date. Maybe it will be developed enough to work in everyday life. It's a fun gadget but I need a phone .. throw me a note if it comes up running ..
Whats the status on getting it where we can make calls?
Thank You
On Ubuntu Touch? I can already make and receive phone calls just fine, and send and receive SMS (but not MMS) on the UT Stable channel. (I'm on Cricket in the US.) It worked more-or-less out of the box, too.
(01-01-2021, 07:53 PM)KiteX3 Wrote: On Ubuntu Touch? I can already make and receive phone calls just fine, and send and receive SMS (but not MMS) on the UT Stable channel. (I'm on Cricket in the US.) It worked more-or-less out of the box, too.
Yep. I'm starting to think it is just my carrier (Verizon)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any chance that we get WiFi texting/calling on UT? ragreenburg 0 2,099 08-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  A hint for getting mobile data. Cree 0 2,036 07-30-2020, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Cree
  What's the most up to date regarding modem and calling? Cree 6 7,547 07-28-2020, 11:28 PM
  Mobile data APN Cree 0 2,097 07-27-2020, 11:47 PM
  AT&T Cellular Data Athansor 8 9,747 07-23-2020, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Athansor
Bug Cellular Data vicky 4 5,804 07-01-2020, 04:06 AM
Last Post: fernando_c_m
  Mobile data issue on UT afigegoznaet 6 7,172 05-12-2020, 10:47 AM
Last Post: brb78