Lockscreen not moving
Ok, so I went out and got a new SD card and as I expected no change. I still get the "unmovable lockscreen" and no prompt to set a security code on the newest image flashed with the flash-it.sh script. I did however manage to get the SailfishOS available on the "Multi-boot demo image" working normally. This would indicate that the current SailfishOS image is somehow broken.

To the ones that have a working SailfishOS here: Have you installed it on SD or eMMC and what image/method was used for flashing?
(08-27-2021, 07:59 AM)skug Wrote: To the ones that have a working SailfishOS here: Have you installed it on SD or eMMC and what image/method was used for flashing?

1. Created an image with flash-it.sh script. Used the "raw" option.
2. Renamed it to sfos.img
3. Wrote the image to the sd card: sudo dd if=sfos.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M status=progress conv=fsync
4. Inserted sd card to pinephone and booted SailfishOS. Some feedback is here: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14493

I have a Plasma Community Edition PinePhone.
(08-27-2021, 09:39 AM)acrux Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 07:59 AM)skug Wrote: To the ones that have a working SailfishOS here: Have you installed it on SD or eMMC and what image/method was used for flashing?

1. Created an image with flash-it.sh script. Used the "raw" option.
2. Renamed it to sfos.img
3. Wrote the image to the sd card: sudo dd if=sfos.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M status=progress conv=fsync
4. Inserted sd card to pinephone and booted SailfishOS. Some feedback is here: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14493

I have a Plasma Community Edition PinePhone.

Just to be sure I tried this and the result was the same as before, unmovable lockscreen.

However I did manage to get a working SailfishOS by flashing the Multi-boot demo image , booting up and configuring Sailfish on that and then copying over the contents of /sailfish/home/defaultuser to /home/defaultuser on a once booted SD card of SailfishOS flashed with the "flash-it.sh" script.

I think it should be enough to just touch the files .jolla-startupwizard-done and .jolla-startupwizard-usersession-done in /home/defaultuser but I can't be sure so ymmv.

Could OP test this and report back if it fixes the issue for them.
I installed the 4.1 aarch64 version and didn't have this lockscreen problem. You can ask the dev on the TG group: PinePhone SFOS
(08-28-2021, 01:22 AM)defactofactotum Wrote: I installed the 4.1 aarch64 version and didn't have this lockscreen problem. You can ask the dev on the TG group: PinePhone SFOS

This problem also affects the 4.1 aarch64 version for me, as that is the version that the "flash-it.sh" script uses. Also, could you define "TG group"?
(08-28-2021, 02:29 AM)skug Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 01:22 AM)defactofactotum Wrote: I installed the 4.1 aarch64 version and didn't have this lockscreen problem. You can ask the dev on the TG group: PinePhone SFOS

This problem also affects the 4.1 aarch64 version for me, as that is the version that the "flash-it.sh" script uses. Also, could you define "TG group"?

TG, telegram. Did you flash over an existing sfos installation? I've found on emmc that you have to completely wipe the drive first, ie write zeros with dd or slow format with Disks. I don't care about the 8Gb sdcard but it's not recommended for the life of your pinephone emmc
(08-28-2021, 02:37 AM)defactofactotum Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 02:29 AM)skug Wrote:

TG, telegram. Did you flash over an existing sfos installation? I've found on emmc that you have to completely wipe the drive first, ie write zeros with dd or slow format with Disks. I don't care about the 8Gb sdcard but it's not recommended for the life of your pinephone emmc

First time around I flashed over an Arch ARM install, the subsequent flashes were done over various versions of SFOS. Also did a few partition wipes and even re-created the parition table a few times. The one thing I didn't do was a full wipe/slow format. I'll keep that in mind in the future although flashing to a brand new SD card also gave the lockscreen bug.
(08-22-2021, 07:31 AM)henkdieter Wrote: HI,

I've flashed SFOS on my BH Pinephone yesterday, using the flash-it.sh script as instructed by the PinePhone Software Releases page on the wiki. I'm really impressed with how snappy and smooth this OS runs on the pinephone.

The script offers different hardware options.

Which one did you use ?
(08-28-2021, 05:29 PM)OhneZ Wrote: I think it should be enough to just touch the files .jolla-startupwizard-done and .jolla-startupwizard-usersession-done in /home/defaultuser but I can't be sure so ymmv.

Could OP test this and report back if it fixes the issue for them.

You are awesome. I just fixed this issue by touching .jolla-startupwizard-done and .jolla-startupwizard-usersession-done in /home/defaultuser using jumpdrive (and setting the owner to 100000:100000, like the rest of the files in there). I got access to the internal emmc by booting Jumpstart and mounting the emmc to my pc. If anyone needs more detailed instructions, let me know. I'm off trying out sailfish Smile
Just to confirm - made a fresh image with flash-it script, transferred it to sd card and tried to boot SailfishOS - got also a lockscreen that is not going away Big Grin So - definitely current generated SailfishOS images are broken for now Sad