Shipping Progress
(05-18-2016, 11:22 AM)ktiedt Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 10:44 AM)DeepBlu Wrote: TL,        Sigma Design Is the major patent holder for Z-wave. The Z-wave Alliance is the collaboration of the manufactures who produce the Z-wave products.  The Z-wave products that are available are rather costly considering what they are. Z-wave is just another home automation protocol, it really has not grown to be dominate, (yet). I asked that question in a design class, it's  proprietary, it has lic fees to develop products and has up to now, rather  low market penetration. The transceiver module  is set to 1mw / 0db on it's ISM Band. The FCC here in the states are cracking down on routers (2.4 and 5Ghz) because of the open source projects such as DD WRT and others as people were in the code, changing it and having the transmit/receive power/sensitivity exceed the FCC mandate for those ISM bands. Now the newer routers have the firmware locked out so there is no playing with the calibration coding. Same could have been done with the Z-Wave modules and the Open Z-Wave Project (and other open source coding). This may be why you are suddenly faced with Sigma Design only and the special equip to program the chip. Certification of each chip would than be in order. Than the firmware would be locked down per the FCC request. Z-Wave may not be the only way to go. Since Google and Honeywell have settled thier disputes and NXP and Thread protocol (Google) are in the final stages with and NDA in place, the future may hold something different than Z-Wave. Within a few months you may hear about the release. Subscribe to NXP (NXPI)  RSS or Newsletter. For the time being, if you want the Z-Wave your stuck with what you are doing.  I wonder if that whole Z-Wave will go the way like X10 etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Wave

https://www.wired.com/2016/03/way-go-fcc...g-routers/

Should do for now

Just for some more information... Thread will not kill zigbee, they will be able to work together.

http://staceyhigginbotham.com/zigbee-wil...-networks/

Glad to know, We are currently work on a Zigbee stick solution.
(05-18-2016, 11:34 AM)tllim Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 10:40 AM)ktiedt Wrote: Since emails have been going unanswered for months now... maybe you can answer here tllim? Can people in the Bay Area pick up their items directly, save you some money in the process and maybe get our products in a more reasonable time?

I cannot answer for KS team on Bay Area local pick.

Then can you tell them they need to check their email, because 2-3 months turn around time, and I use that term loosely since it would imply they have actually responded, on emails is a bit ridiculous.
If, as tllim tells us "...  there are more than 25,000 shipments out on pass 2 months and still 8,000 plus shipment to go." and this statement is actually correct, I would like to know why, as Backer Number 23517, I have still not received either an email or a tracking number, and my Status is still showing as 'Ready to Ship'?

Thank You.
Just received my March order last night with the extra items and board I added on. It arrived 2 days after I got the shipping notice and 7 days after it actually shipped according to the tracking info. It's pretty but I left on work travel this morning so it will be a couple days before I test it out. It appeared to arrive in good condition.
(05-19-2016, 04:46 AM)macacob Wrote: Just received my March order last night with the extra items and board I added on. It arrived 2 days after I got the shipping notice and 7 days after it actually shipped according to the tracking info.  It's pretty but I left on work travel this morning so it will be a couple days before I test it out. It appeared to arrive in good condition.

Well done!

Can I please asked what your backer number was, and also whether or not you ordered any 'add-on' items?

Thanks!
(05-19-2016, 05:30 AM)Montala Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 04:46 AM)macacob Wrote: Just received my March order last night with the extra items and board I added on. It arrived 2 days after I got the shipping notice and 7 days after it actually shipped according to the tracking info.  It's pretty but I left on work travel this morning so it will be a couple days before I test it out. It appeared to arrive in good condition.

Well done!

Can I please asked what your backer number was, and also whether or not you ordered any 'add-on' items?

Thanks!
20,809. I added a second board, acrylic case rtc battery, power supply and WiFi module. Case looks nice by the way.  I tried to attach a pic.
(05-19-2016, 07:39 AM)macacob Wrote:

Well done!

Thanks!
20,809. I added a second board, acrylic case rtc battery, power supply and WiFi module. Case looks nice by the way.  I tried to attach a pic.

Thanks for your reply, although I don't think your attachment worked unfortunately.

It does look as if you were about 3000 or so ahead of me 'in the queue' though, so it would seem that I still have another week or so to wait yet!

I just hope that it is not my addition of an ABS enclosure, which is causing the delay!
(05-19-2016, 08:07 AM)Montala Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 07:39 AM)macacob Wrote:

Well done!

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply, although I don't think your attachment worked unfortunately.

It does look as if you were about 3000 or so ahead of me 'in the queue' though, so it would seem that I still have another week or so to wait yet!

I just hope that it is not my addition of an ABS enclosure, which is causing the delay!
Let's try this again.

[Image: 466d64bacc32256fe7b5b396c2e0d2a5.jpg]

[Image: da1d6336ad3dd2402f4166fa3d17a97c.jpg]

[Image: 0f676b6e98a9da2f95f00ed12644e00e.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
That's better... Thanks! Smile
Any updates on missing devices that needs are blocking shippement ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,967 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,682 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,073 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,016 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,968 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,193 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,670 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,304 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,212 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,895 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus