Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian
I did not delete them at first and got a cascade of errors relating .to config/textsecure.nanuc, so tried running axolotl again after deleting those in .config and .local with the results (404 error) reported above.
(07-20-2021, 02:13 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: I did not delete them at first and got a cascade of errors relating .to config/textsecure.nanuc, so tried running axolotl again after deleting those in .config and .local with the results (404 error) reported above.

In addition to dukla2000:

Could you try to remove the two "textsecure.nanuc" folders, if you have backups, and remove+re-install Axolotl?

That should work - and yes, it takes some time for the first start, because the Electron package has to be downloaded at first start.
Just updated (without any additional steps) -> worked perfect this time! Smile Smile Smile 
Thanks arno!!
(07-21-2021, 02:39 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: In addition to dukla2000:

Could you try to remove the two "textsecure.nanuc" folders, if you have backups, and remove+re-install Axolotl?

That should work - and yes, it takes some time for the first start, because the Electron package has to be downloaded at first start.

Thanks, I went ahead and did that and now axolotl comes up and asks for a phone number! Question before proceeding - can axolotl join an existing Signal group of devices that was previously created on a conventional smartphone or does it have to be the primary device?
(07-22-2021, 10:51 AM)Zebulon Walton Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 02:39 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: In addition to dukla2000:

Thanks, I went ahead and did that and now axolotl comes up and asks for a phone number! Question before proceeding - can axolotl join an existing Signal group of devices that was previously created on a conventional smartphone or does it have to be the primary device?

Glad to hear you got it working.

But no, Axolotl cannot join an existing Signal account. It has to be the primary device. But you can join Signal Desktop. Signal for Android or iOS is primary only, too.
(07-23-2021, 12:32 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: But no, Axolotl cannot join an existing Signal account. It has to be the primary device. But you can join Signal Desktop. Signal for Android or iOS is primary only, too.

OK, I thought that was probably the case. So I'll use axolotl if I decide to create a new account of my own. I did try to install Signal desktop but apparently arm64 is currently not a supported architecture. (I tried installing from the Signal repository and using Snap.)
(07-12-2021, 01:46 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Hello there,

the latest update of libwpewebkit-1.0-3 from v2.30.6-1 to v2.32.1-1 makes Axolotl in daemonized setup unusable with the browser "cog" on my system.

Here you can find the old version, if you have the same problem and want to downgrade the library:

https://ftp.be.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/wpewebkit/

Installation from the download folder via

Code:
sudo apt install ./libwpewebkit-1.0-3_2.30.6-1_arm64.deb

Hopefully, there will be another update soon.

And to prevent apt from updating the package again, use the following

Code:
sudo apt-mark hold libwpewebkit-1.0-3

("unhold" reverts this)

Cheers

The latest version 2.32.3-2 fixes the problems with "cog" - so you can unhold the libwpewebkit-1.0-3 update.
Hello there,

v1.0.2 of Axolotl is built and tested for Mobian with these main fixes and improvements

Fix Linking Signal Desktop
Fix setting a password
Code quality improvements

Download via https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package

Cheers
Axolotl has some issues at the moment. The devs are on it.
A possible fix will take until Tuesday at least, according to nanu-c, the main dev of Axolotl.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,452 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,714 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,688 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 581 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,799 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM