Mobian Issues
One of the biggest issues that I see with the software is that I can not make calls. When I go to make a call, It will hang right up. Anyone else having an issue with calling or how can I fix this?

Thank You
Chris
(02-15-2021, 03:40 PM)Csanderson0313 Wrote: One of the biggest issues that I see with the software is that I can not make calls. When I go to make a call, It will hang right up. Anyone else having an issue with calling or how can I fix this?

Thank You
Chris
Are you running the latest updates? There was a new call manager update today.

The best way to upgrade is from the terminal.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

(02-15-2021, 03:40 PM)Csanderson0313 Wrote: One of the biggest issues that I see with the software is that I can not make calls. When I go to make a call, It will hang right up. Anyone else having an issue with calling or how can I fix this?

Thank You
Chris
Also make sure your APN is set correctly. VoLTE will fail and cause the same problem if it's not.
(02-15-2021, 04:47 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:

Thank You
Chris

Thank You
Chris
Also make sure your APN is set correctly. VoLTE will fail and cause the same problem if it's not.
Thank You Guys. The APN looks to be correct. Im downloading the update now to try it.
I jist had another calls update roll out to me. Version 0.3.0-1-0.3.0-2. You might want to check again?
(02-15-2021, 07:40 PM)Csanderson0313 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 04:47 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:

Thank You
Chris

Thank You
Chris
Thank You Guys. The APN looks to be correct. Im downloading the update now to try it.
I upgraded it but now it will not take my password to unlock the phone. Did the password changed? what is the new password to unlock?

Thank You
Chris
(02-16-2021, 05:04 AM)Csanderson0313 Wrote: I upgraded it but now it will not take my password to unlock the phone. Did the password changed? what is the new password to unlock?

Thank You
Chris

Sounds like you may be experiencing the problem described here: https://blog.mobian-project.org/posts/20...pam_issue/
(02-16-2021, 11:16 AM)MtnSk8 Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 05:04 AM)Csanderson0313 Wrote: I upgraded it but now it will not take my password to unlock the phone. Did the password changed? what is the new password to unlock?

Thank You
Chris

Sounds like you may be experiencing the problem described here: https://blog.mobian-project.org/posts/20...pam_issue/
Thank You,
You was right and that fixed my issue. Mobian has came a long way then what it used to be. I started using UBuntu for months and found that no one is willing to help with issue much and that that the same issues been there for quite a while. I decided to switch back to Mobian to see how everything has been coming and wow big improvement. and most of everything is working. I think i will be staying with this software.
Thank You guys for all your help.
(02-16-2021, 01:26 PM)Csanderson0313 Wrote:

Thank You
Chris

Thank You,
You was right and that fixed my issue. Mobian has came a long way then what it used to be. I started using UBuntu for months and found that no one is willing to help with issue much and that that the same issues been there for quite a while. I decided to switch back to Mobian to see how everything has been coming and wow big improvement. and most of everything is working. I think i will be staying with this software.
There are updates and tweaks rolling out every day in anticipation of the Mobian CE edition Pinephone being shipped in a week. a-wai is really trying to make a good impression to the new owners and it's appreciated. We are noticing it and grateful. It's getting really good. Good enough for a daily driver for me. The only thing I would really like to see that I really need is Bluetooth calling and working alarms. A new modem manager just rolled out an hour ago to Mobian. It wakes your phone up on the first ring now. I was taking 3-4 and many people were missing calls. you really should run updates from the terminal a couple times a week with all the updates.

Code:
sudo apt update

sudo apt dist-upgrade

sudo apt autoremove
(02-16-2021, 05:59 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 01:26 PM)Csanderson0313 Wrote:

Thank You
Chris

Thank You,
There are updates and tweaks rolling out every day in anticipation of the Mobian CE edition Pinephone being shipped in a week. a-wai is really trying to make a good impression to the new owners and it's appreciated. We are noticing it and grateful. It's getting really good. Good enough for a daily driver for me. The only thing I would really like to see that I really need is Bluetooth calling and working alarms. A new modem manager just rolled out an hour ago to Mobian. It wakes your phone up on the first ring now. I was taking 3-4 and many people were missing calls. you really should run updates from the terminal a couple times a week with all the updates.

Code:
sudo apt update

sudo apt dist-upgrade

sudo apt autoremove

To all those contributing, please don't take this badly Big Grin I don't want to offend / upset anyone (famous last words)

I don't doubt the good intentions of coders, whether paid or not, but when you get updates that suddenly create a massive battery drain / the modem just disappears and your phone has actually been disconnected for who knows how long.... not to mention incoming text message notifications that (still) don't seem to work reliably. Modem (still ? not tested recently) takes about 13 seconds to wake up from sleep and start ringing...

I know a lot of these are 'upstream' with Phosh et al. and I have no idea how 'Debian' or other OSes using phosh can actually help. Maybe its an ownership issue / too many coders, I don't know.

I guess it's a development 'device' at this stage and should be considered as such. Use it as a daily device knowing any update can break things, but will hopefully improve them. Smile

Shame it's not really a reliable 'phone' YET - you'd have thought getting the fundamentals would be a priority. Librem 5 shipping presumably helps but the Quectel modem doesn't seem to help with the Pinephone, I don't think? Awaiting the more open source firmware, perhaps?

I'm using it (probably stupidly) as a daily driver but I know I run the risk of it not ringing before someone gives up, that some text messages never trigger a notification....now I wonder if the modem is actually on ?! lol Confused

I wish there was an easy way to see updates and any fixes to issues that have just appeared. I presume the recommendation is to update asap to get the latest fixes. Presumably nasty regressions are unexpected side effects / coding errors - I naively wonder why nasty side effects are not spotted but perhaps the whole thing is too complex. I know testing can be very time consuming.

I'm hoping Mobian funding comes in to pay for development and help things along and that upstream fixes from Librem 5 / phosh tricke down eventually. I'm not a good enough programmer to help, unfortunately.

Thanks to a-wai and others contributing, particularly if you're doing it for free. I guess those of us who are just 'users' are just keen on having a device that works for us! Probably too keen for our own good - I know a recent post discussed these issues.

To all those contributing, please continue improving the Pinephone! long live the Pinephone! Heart

Rather than just complaining, I've lodged an issue at Mobian https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/252

Hopefully I will be forgiven Angel

To post or not to post.....
Pinephone v1.2 UBports CE. Adelaide, Australia using Amaysim SIM (Optus network, VoLTE enabled) with Mobian SD card. VoLTE working also with Felix / Vodafone AU and Aldimobile / Telstra AU.
Manjaro Plasma Mobile on EMMC.
On a more positive note, battery drain is now back to normal, not sure what happened when it was draining very quickly, results are here:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...9#pid90019
Pinephone v1.2 UBports CE. Adelaide, Australia using Amaysim SIM (Optus network, VoLTE enabled) with Mobian SD card. VoLTE working also with Felix / Vodafone AU and Aldimobile / Telstra AU.
Manjaro Plasma Mobile on EMMC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,712 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,687 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 580 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,798 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,862 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,324 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy