September release
Hm, let me guess :
You have a Braveheart edition too ?

For the last 3 days I tried to debug the modem and for some reason the modem sometimes behaves odd - f.e. Sending an sms on mobian results into a time-out, or switching the carrier to 2G only kills the modem and it won’t come back online for days until it suddenly reconnects for no reason ..... I wonder if this problem is hardware related. Maybe a pin hanging open in an undefined state or so ...
I have the ubports version, I should have said. I'm using the flash script to build the braveheart image as that seems to be the latest option.
Has someone gotten SFOS running on the 3gb PMCE?
I received mine yesterday and I was able to flash an image with the script, got it booting, even ran the greeter but after this it got hooked showing the loading spinner.
(09-17-2020, 03:57 AM)sfb Wrote: Has someone gotten SFOS running on the 3gb PMCE?
I received mine yesterday and I was able to flash an image with the script, got it booting, even ran the greeter but after this it got hooked showing the loading spinner.
Just reboot, the first run always stalls somewhere before the tutorial. Reboot and it should start with setting the lock pin.
Nope, reboot doesn't make a difference. Its also no difference whether I use the p-boot image or a sd-card flashed with the script. I can access the topmenu and funny enough open the camera app that is showing a test-screen-image. I can shutdown the device by using the option in the topmenu but can't access settings or anything else.
(09-18-2020, 04:56 AM)sfb Wrote: Nope, reboot doesn't make a difference. Its also no difference whether I use the p-boot image or a sd-card flashed with the script. I can access the topmenu and funny enough open the camera app that is showing a test-screen-image. I can shutdown the device by using the option in the topmenu but can't access settings or anything else.
try slow formatting the sdcard first. Then try several reboots if it still doesn't display the homescreen. This happened to me this morning but eventually it worked.
(09-18-2020, 06:48 AM)defactofactotum Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 04:56 AM)sfb Wrote: Nope, reboot doesn't make a difference. Its also no difference whether I use the p-boot image or a sd-card flashed with the script. I can access the topmenu and funny enough open the camera app that is showing a test-screen-image. I can shutdown the device by using the option in the topmenu but can't access settings or anything else.
try slow formatting the sdcard first. Then try several reboots if it still doesn't display the homescreen. This happened to me this morning but eventually it worked.

> try slow formatting the sdcard first.

Until now I formeted to ext but maybe it should be brtfs?
(09-19-2020, 03:20 AM)sfb Wrote: Until now I formeted to ext but maybe it should be brtfs?
It shouldn't make any difference. Unfortunately I botched the resize of my pboot and reflashed it and now sfos gets stuck with no homescreen again. This seems to be random.
So, it's not only me Wink will give it a new try tonight with careful formatting first.
I solved this by booting with a sim card in. I had a dodgy sim card adaptor too, so lots of variables.