August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread
....cannot predict when you will receive your device,  I  ordered one PMOS phone on July 15th, then I ordered a second one on August 15th, when Luke mentioned they were "almost sold out of phones"
Early in September DHL reported both phones had left Hong Kong,  then when they reached US Customs in
Los Angeles, California.  DHL reported when both left Los Angeles....
But from then on they only tracked one of the phones, they did both arrive very quickly (together) however :
they only reported one as being delivered. ?  -  ?  (September 3rd)
  FORWARD :
While visiting the Pine Store looking at parts & accessories, I looked and saw the status of the Pine phones had
changed from being "Out of Stock"  to they had the standard Community Edition PMOS "In Stock" Again. !
This was September 6th,  what the heck I decided to buy yet another...  after-all comparing OSes is easier
'side by side'  rather than stop and change everything,  right ?
  I am hoping for a shorter wait this time as the opening of the Manjaro sales is less than 2 weeks away....

I have a large family and a few of my sons are interested in these phones so none will go to waste when
I am done testing them.
(09-11-2020, 10:50 AM)vb_linux Wrote: Hi,

I see the next shipment for Pinepro was supposed to be today but no information if they are still fulfilling July orders, or onto August now. So, fingers crossed for my order.

When did you place the order?

- Order placed Aug 24th

Which product did you order?
- 14″ PINEBOOK Pro LINUX LAPTOP (ISO, US Keyboard)

Which country do you live?
- NJ, USA

Which shipment method did you use?
- Pinebook DHL Shipping

As soon as I wrote this post, I received an email DHL. Super excited.
Placed order for PBP on 07/14/2020. PBP is now in Cali Smile
When did you place order?
- 1 September

Which product did you ordered ?
- 2 Unit (separated order) x PINEPHONE - “Community Edition: PostmarketOS with Convergence Package" Limited Edition Linux SmartPhone

Which country do you live ?
- Malaysia

Which shipment method did you use ?
- DHL Shipping

When did you get the mail/sms of the shipment notice?
- Nothing yet

Can I get estimate shipment date to my country?
I responded (within minutes) to the invitation to order the Pinephone PostmarketOS version phones (August 31st) that did not go out due to various reasons. I live in the United States. Will my phone be included in the EU shipment expected to go out this Monday, Sept 14th or in another timeframe?

Thanks!
(08-31-2020, 03:48 PM)Michael Arthur Long Wrote: Supposedly, any electronic import here that has radios(even standard Bluetooth/WiFi) needs a SIRIM cert, otherwise you'd need to pay RM100 for them to take a look at the specs sheet and approve it. We don't take FCC or CE.

tl;dr
I've received my Pinephone on last Friday(2020-09-11). Phone was in customs for about a week. In total I paid around RM140 extra(33.71$ or 13-14 Big Macs locally) for import fees.
  • RM40 for a special approval permit(required to import devices without SIRIM)
  • RM46-ish for customs fees and RM53 for DHL to do it(~RM100 total)
More details:
If anyone else in Malaysia ever needs a SIRIM clearance; DHL contacted me when the phone reached customs and I had to make an application on https://ecomm.sirim.my/
Some notable documents needed were
  • Specs page from the wiki
  • Invoice (The one emailed from PINE64 wouldn't be enough, you'll have to use the Paypal one as well)
  • User Manual
  • Product type(code made/used by SIRIM): RFEI
Biggest hurdle was finding the right product code. But in my case I've selected "RFEI", which would classify it as

Quote:RFEI - GSM 850/900/1800/1900/3G(900/2100)/LTE(850/900/1800/2100/2300/2600(B7/B38)/ISM MOBILE STATION (WITH PDA)

The problem was they had a ton of codes and it's a huge mess. I've seen multiple codes with the exact same description(with minor differences, like no brackets or added spaces).
But generally, phones are usually classified as "MOBILE STATION (WITH PDA)" and this was the closest I could find that had the same bands.
Took a day or two to get it approved I've sent the permit to DHL and paid the import fees a few days later once the phone was cleared from customs.

Alternatively, you could pay ~RM300(quoted by DHL) to pay an agent to handle everything.

Note: This does not mean the phone is certified by SIRIM. If anyone wants to import the PinePhone (or the PineTab, anything with a radio) you'll have to go through the same process I did. This is to get a special approval permit to import a device without a SIRIM certification. To quote the permit

Quote:Notwithstanding the product has been granted with Special Approval, the said product cannot be purported as in full compliance . The applicant shall take full responsibility for any potential risk resulted from the product if the product fails to operate according to the allowed frequency band and specification that can cause non-compliance(s) but not limited to frequency interference, safety impairment, malfunction or harm to users ,networks, other communications product, etc.
How are you all able to check your status?  All I ever got was (when I pre-ordered the pinetab w/ keyboard on June 11) was an order confirmation.

I'm seeing people mention being able to see a status and what not so I'm guessing there was some other email or something I didn't get.

Anyone have any idea?
(09-13-2020, 11:39 AM)Trel Wrote: How are you all able to check your status?  All I ever got was (when I pre-ordered the pinetab w/ keyboard on June 11) was an order confirmation.

I'm seeing people mention being able to see a status and what not so I'm guessing there was some other email or something I didn't get.

Anyone have any idea?

You should have received a dispatch notification from Pine Store with the DHL tracking number.

Example : 

Your Order has been shipped via DHL.
Tracking #xxxxxxxxxxxx
CLICK HERE to track your shipment.
11/09/2020 
- August, 14 2020

PINEPHONE - “Community Edition: PostmarketOS with Convergence Package" 

- France

via PinePhone EU Batch Shipping

- no tracking info
- August, 10 2020

PINEPHONE - “Community Edition: PostmarketOS" Limited Edition Linux SmartPhone

- Spain

via PinePhone EU Batch Shipping

- no tracking info

Huh Huh Huh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab-V and PineTab 2 Launch - here's what you need to know Luke 8 2,875 07-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,297 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,621 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,161 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,691 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,796 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,793 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,632 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM