GloDroid (Android-13)
(08-06-2020, 11:20 PM)Hyz Wrote: However, I'm afraid it doesn't complete successfully: in the end, I get an error message saying that it can't find the file "vbmeta.img", and indeed it doesn't appear to exist anywhere.  Where do I find it, or how do I create it?

I had similar error messages but it still created the image file - see attached log.

.log   gensdimg.log (Size: 4.55 KB / Downloads: 492)
There is any way of flashing the gapps to it??
(08-07-2020, 01:34 AM)paju1986 Wrote: There is any way of flashing the gapps to it??

Not a way supported by GloDroid at least. The alternative is microG which may be possible at some point.

Edit: It turns out you can use magisk to install microg module as well enable signature spoofing.

1) patch boot.img with magisk app
2) adb reboot fastboot
3) fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
4) fastboot reboot
Editing the script to remove the vbmeta.img line allowed the script to complete successfully, and boot the system on the phone! Thanks everyone for the help!
Time for another fuzzy video - this time running a couple of popular apps.
(08-23-2020, 03:27 PM)nas Wrote: Time for another fuzzy video - this time running a couple of popular apps.
This looks great. I'm excited for the state of Android on PinePhone -- having an Android option available will really help introduce some of my less technically-inclined friends and family to the Pine64 platform.
or dual booting if you need some android app at some point
Anyone with a community edition pinephone fancy helping test glodroid? Please download the latest build at this link and report the results of running the adb command mentioned here.
(09-03-2020, 08:07 AM)nas Wrote: Anyone with a community edition pinephone fancy helping test glodroid? Please download the latest build at this link and report the results of running the adb command mentioned here.
postmarketOS CE owner, checking in. I have the convergence edition with 3 GB RAM.

I've downloaded your linked release and flashed deploy-sd.img to a SD card. After inserting this SD card into my PinePhone and holding the power button, I get a red LED, no backlight/output on the screen.

The flash-sd.sh script included with the release also doesn't seem to work. I get:
Code:
[branon@void-live glodroid]$ ./flash-sd.sh
+ ./fastboot flash gpt deploy-gpt.img
./fastboot: 2: Syntax error: ")" unexpected

Feels like two separate issues to me. Can you confirm if the release linked in your post is intended to be used with the 3 GB variant?

Not sure what's up with the syntax error on the shell script though.
(09-03-2020, 07:23 PM)branon Wrote: Feels like two separate issues to me. Can you confirm if the release linked in your post is intended to be used with the 3 GB variant?

I suspect you're right - you can try generating a flashable image as described here while we await confirmation from the developer.

Edit: 3gb version should be compatible - have you succesfully booted another distro from the sd card?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GloDroid (Android-14) GaryM 1 88 Yesterday, 08:39 AM
Last Post: GaryM
Tongue Android Auto on Pinephone via Waydroid: a pipe dream? slondr 1 2,014 11-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: wibble
  difference between android and linux? vanja 3 2,099 09-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Android and Google Play Store on a PinePhone? Solra Bizna 22 40,853 11-01-2021, 07:11 AM
Last Post: digitalmouse
  Easiest way to use Android applications on Pinephone esud 4 8,467 06-21-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: vanja
  Remote connection from Linux Mobile to unrooted Android? (surely very useful?!) 4w7gvrvsjcyvd 0 1,821 01-30-2021, 06:48 PM
Last Post: 4w7gvrvsjcyvd
  pine phone came with android? andrewiassur 1 3,330 04-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: fire219