Which interface(s) do you use on the PinePhone?
Ubuntu Touch (UBports)
18.18%
Plasma Mobile (postmarketOS, KDE Neon or Manjaro)
10.91%
Phosh (postmarketOS, Mobian, Fedora, openSUSE, NixOS, Arch, Manjaro or PureOS)
47.27%
Hildon (postmarketOS or Maemo Leste)
1.82%
Lipstick + Silica (Sailfish OS)
1.82%
Glacier (Nemo Mobile)
0%
Luna Next (LuneOS)
0%
Mate (postmarketOS or AVMultiPhone)
0%
Android (GloDroid)
3.64%
Other (XFCE, LXDE, JWM, OpenBox, i3wm, Kodi, Sway, Sxmo, command line, etc.)
16.36%
55 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Interface used on the PinePhone
Since there are so many interfaces available for the PinePhone, I'm curious which ones people are using.

-----------

Edit: I think the way that the forum software reports poll percentages is confusing, because it reports as a percentage of total votes, rather than as a percentage of total voters. Here are the poll results as a percentage of total voters:

Which interface(s) do you use on the PinePhone?
● Phosh (postmarketOS, Mobian, Fedora, openSUSE, NixOS, Arch, Manjaro, Gentoo or PureOS): 70%
● Lomiri (Ubuntu Touch or Manjaro): 27%
● Plasma Mobile (postmarketOS, KDE Neon or Manjaro): 16%
● Hildon (Maemo Leste): 3%
● Silica (SailfishOS): 3%
● Glacier (Nemo Mobile): 0%
● Luna Next (LuneOS): 0%
● Mate (postmarketOS or AVMultiPhone): 0%
● Android (GloDroid): 5%
● Other (XFCE, LXDE, JWM, OpenBox, i3wm, Kodi, Sway, Sxmo, command line, etc.): 24%
● Total voters: 37
Tried UT for the first 4 or 5 months this year, passable but not a favorite.... 
KDE is ok but just not comfortable for me. 
Prefer Phosh from what I have used so far.
Hope to try Gnome and xfce soon.

Update September 1st :
I took Phosh/Manjaro for a test drive last night, almost nothing worked, "out of the box" 
  Guess I am spoiled using Phosh on Mobian ?
I'd like to switch teams.  At least on the PinePhone software.

Can someone direct me to a thread about switching OSs?  Specifically, I'm not too happy with UBPorts.  I switched on Developer mode, only so I can do important things, like text and GPS.  But neither works well, the phone gets HOT and the battery only lasts a few hours.

Seems like Phosh is a good alternative, but I'm not sure how to switch over.
Installation instructions are here: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePh...structions
Make sure to install to SD rather than EMMC.
So, I understand that from the several editions of PinePhone, they sold a few thousands. However, not many people visit the forum. I wonder why? is there another source of information about the pinephone that people like more and I am missing? I mean, this is still in development, one can not just ignore the news. Maybe people don't like to write?
(09-01-2020, 05:21 PM)natasha Wrote: So,  I understand that from the several editions of PinePhone, they sold a few thousands. However, not many people visit the forum.  I wonder why? is there another source of information about the pinephone that people like more and I am missing?

There are a lot of PinePhone users on Reddit. 

The Purism forum is the same. There are about a dozen people who are regulars with hundreds of posts, but the vast majority of people who own Librem devices only look at the Purism forum when they have a problem or are searching for information.
Interesting that nobody is using Sailfish OS or LuneOS. They are both reportedly very good interfaces.

I would be interested in hearing why people prefer a particular interface over the others.

So far it appears that Phosh is the most used interface. Is that just because it has the best battery life, or are there other reasons?
(09-05-2020, 05:43 PM)amosbatto Wrote: Interesting that nobody is using Sailfish OS or LuneOS. They are both reportedly very good interfaces.

I would be interested in hearing why people prefer a particular interface over the others.

So far it appears that Phosh is the most used interface. Is that just because it has the best battery life, or are there other reasons?

I do really like Phosh and have switched between Mobian/Manjaro/PureOS mostly.

What I like about Phosh: Battery life and simplicity of using the Phosh interface is nice. Apps are easily navigated without much needed from the user (open apps show at top while looking through your app icons, instead of swiping around). You can always see what you are working with as you view your app icons. It just works.

I gravitated to Pinephone as a longtime fan of Linux. Having it on my phone is just that much more convenient for Linux tasks/testing/ssh'ing between servers.

I am now playing with Sailfish. There is a 'flash-it' script doing the entire process for you- select your model, it downloads the right build, preps the sdcard and flashes. Very simple for anyone to try out: https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevil/flash-it

Sailfish is very nice, pretty, and a very smooth experience so far. But the interface does take a bit of getting used to (just installed it mere hours ago). The issue from latest build for SailfishOS: sim card not detected. There is a fix for this (I have not applied it yet): https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevi...l/50/files
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

Mobian/Phosh just "feels good" to me  -  IT feels intuitive for my mindset

Looks organized like I think I would have done it myself.

Good battery life is a good bonus feature.

I am glad it is not everyones favorite,  so we are not all alike.

It fills all of my needs and wants.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I've been using fluxbox. It starts less background stuff than Mate and onscreen keyboards work with it better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 307 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,167 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,525 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 464 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,941 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 384 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,480 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,609 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,671 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Record videos with OG PP trough GUI interface today alaraajavamma 7 1,340 10-14-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton