My Daily Manual QA
(08-14-2020, 04:34 PM)bcnaz Wrote: eg:
1) call function
2)call quality

------------

Perhaps you could edit, or add-on to your original post to include your definitions,
such as "Dated"  'add-ons'   ?
  that would make it simple to refer to, and easy for forum users to find them ?

Thanks,
      this surely takes up a lot of your time and effort.
yeah, I vote this!
Today,  August 16, 2020

With the August 16th nightly on my brave Heart phone, running from sd card :

The sms/text app is working,   but 'some' incoming texts are showing twice
and
The camera app refuses to open,  it instead goes to the blue background screen.

Note:   My first flash of the sd card,  the OS ran very inconsistent and laggy,... So I zero wiped the sd card and re-flashed it.
  On my final flash of the sd card, the Mobian OS was running fairly smooth and responsive.

BC
(08-16-2020, 04:00 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Today,  August 16, 2020

With the August 16th nightly on my brave Heart phone, running from sd card :

The sms/text app is working,   but 'some' incoming texts are showing twice
and
The camera app refuses to open,  it instead goes to the blue background screen.

Note:   My first flash of the sd card,  the OS ran very inconsistent and laggy,... So I zero wiped the sd card and re-flashed it.
  On my final flash of the sd card, the Mobian OS was running fairly smooth and responsive.

BC
so, the problem was in your sd? the release ok?
(08-12-2020, 01:34 PM)plainenough Wrote: Notes: Will be changing over to have a little more definition about call quality. Will also look for a good definition set about image quality. Still no carrier data, did not setup apn manually. 

Results: mobian/2020-08-12

I believe you only need to set-up the apn if you want to connect to cellular data.

On my Brave Heart phone my call functions and sms/text app work with no apn input, however for the cellular data I must enter correct apn info.

Just my experience so far.   On Mobian.

@root
I still have problem with text doubled and camera app not opening.  Just faster and smoother operation with zero wipe and re-flash.
   ( I also re-downloaded the OS in case the first download could have been defective )
Notes: New tester working through this OS.  With some new tests. Will be adding a few more tests very soon.

Results: mobian/2020-08-17

Conclusion:  This OS is not ready for the pinephone to be a daily driver. There are some sound quality issues on calls.

Also, Soon I will be creating new threads for testing results to engage a little bit better based on feedback on a few threads I have been monitoring.
(08-17-2020, 06:18 PM)plainenough Wrote: Notes: New tester working through this OS.  With some new tests. Will be adding a few more tests very soon.

Conclusion:  This OS is not ready for the pinephone to be a daily driver. There are some sound quality issues on calls.

Also, Soon I will be creating new threads for testing results to engage a little bit better based on feedback on a few threads I have been monitoring.
Hello,
  I did a "software" update after flashing the above listed 'nightly release' (August 17)
Then the camera does function, - usable but not great yet.
** However, then the sms/text app does not function properly...
The sms/text app will only open after it receives an incoming text.
(08-17-2020, 08:13 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 06:18 PM)plainenough Wrote: Notes: New tester working through this OS.  With some new tests. Will be adding a few more tests very soon.

Hello,
  I did a "software" update after flashing the above listed 'nightly release' (August 17)
What would be a way to evaluate the battery? It makes me crazy. It discharges overnight, it gets too hot during charging, it last few hours... The battery is an important point, not easy to evaluate I guess.
(08-18-2020, 07:18 AM)daniel Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 08:13 PM)bcnaz Wrote:

Hello,
What would be a way to evaluate the battery? It makes me crazy. It discharges overnight, it gets too hot during charging, it last few hours... The battery is an important point, not easy to evaluate I guess.
I heard CRust was supposed to help this but (unless its been included in one of the OTAs) Ive held off as i saw comments suggesting it interfered with other stuff. I noticed whther wifi is on or not has a lot to do with battery life. I also tjink screen brightness will prove to be a major factor. It drives me nuts how bright the pinephone screen is and that ive seen nothing to suggest they are working on making it dimmer. I feel i need sunglasses even on the dimmest setting.
When "inside" with lights turned on, the shipping/default setting at a lil under half is perfect for me.
> But my eyeballs worked outside in Arizona desert sunlight for over 28 years.
I have not attempted to use it in 'direct sunlight outside' . . . . yet.

I look forward to you adding test information on 'Data'  and  'Hot-spot'

For me:  using the phone to surf the net is 'cute' 
but I do very much prefer to use my laptop via hot spot when out traveling.

Thank you,  
B.C.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian / mobian Pine64 - User Manual? Harry27 1 2,252 03-03-2021, 04:50 PM
Last Post: LibrePhoneUser
  My Daily QA - 2020-10-06 AmazingNutria 6 6,870 01-05-2021, 10:08 PM
Last Post: daniel
  Why the 12/15/2020 build is no where near a daily driver yet TheLastDon 24 19,125 12-31-2020, 09:51 AM
Last Post: HLing
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-22 AmazingNutria 4 4,978 09-25-2020, 08:33 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-11 AmazingNutria 2 3,386 09-20-2020, 09:17 PM
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-10 AmazingNutria 1 2,843 09-11-2020, 08:30 AM
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-08 AmazingNutria 7 7,274 09-09-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Cree
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-03 AmazingNutria 2 3,067 09-03-2020, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  My Daily QA - 2020-08-28 AmazingNutria 3 3,589 09-01-2020, 09:41 AM