UBPorts Edition - no boot screen
Hi.

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find any threads relating to this.

I have the UB Ports edition with the pre-installed UT os.  It boots fine and starts as it should.

But, when I hold the volume up and power button together, it launches into an "Installing update" screen and just hangs.  I have left it like that for 24hrs...

I have tried to boot it with Mobian flashed onto an sd card, but Mobian will not boot.  Although I have seen that issue in other threads.

It also won't update from the repo.  I just get an error message saying the repo is read only?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan
I have also seen this "installing update" screen while touching the buttons during boot.

In my case I can start Mobian from a sd card without problems. First I see a boot screen then the screen becomes black for a short time. Then I see Mobian.

Did you resize the partition like described at the end of this page? https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=install

Bye,
Paul
(07-20-2020, 05:35 AM)danny_h69 Wrote: Hi.

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find any threads relating to this.

I have the UB Ports edition with the pre-installed UT os.  It boots fine and starts as it should.

But, when I hold the volume up and power button together, it launches into an "Installing update" screen and just hangs.  I have left it like that for 24hrs...

When in this state, try and connect your phone to a PC via cable. You are now in file transfer mode.

This is not as good as a connection from within UB Touch, but it works and you can even edit and flash partitions!
(07-21-2020, 03:07 AM)pvdv Wrote: I have also seen this "installing update" screen while touching the buttons during boot.

In my case I can start Mobian from a sd card without problems. First I see a boot screen then the screen becomes black for a short time. Then  I see Mobian.

Did you resize the partition like described at the end of this page?  https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=install

Bye,
Paul
Hi Paul.  Thank you for responding and the link to the Mobian wiki.  I resized the partition for the UT os, but at this stage I can't boot into Mobian via SD card to resize that partition.

I'll give Zweitaktmotor's suggestion for the "Installing update" issue and then have another go at a Mobian install from the wiki.

Thanks again.

(07-21-2020, 06:42 AM)Zweitaktmotor Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 05:35 AM)danny_h69 Wrote: Hi.

When in this state, try and connect your phone to a PC via cable. You are now in file transfer mode.

This is not as good as a connection from within UB Touch, but it works and you can even edit and flash partitions!
Thanks Zweitaktmotor I'll give that a try.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Screen ghosting and omitting rows of pixels... bedtime 0 270 12-28-2023, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bedtime
  Replacement screen disconnects after back frame is screwed on robthebold 4 1,124 10-12-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: robthebold
  No calls on Pine Phone Beta convergence edition polypode 1 1,108 03-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Screen dying already? marcih 153 140,342 02-23-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Shatur
  PinePhone Beta dead - no boot-related output on serial interface horalocal 1 1,256 02-15-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: fxc
  PinePhone Beta Edition will not boot from MicroSD card Timothy_Ecc 27 23,268 01-29-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: skandigraun
  BETA edition rcu errors 8bit 29 19,174 11-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: some_pinephone_user
  Screen Replacement Instructions erikkugel 4 2,961 09-07-2022, 11:04 PM
Last Post: RTP
  Severe screen flicker + occasional ghosting | Pinephone Beta edition legowave440 5 3,480 07-25-2022, 07:35 AM
Last Post: bedtime
  Double Image on screen Arvis 2 1,632 07-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Avisando