Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
Fingers crossed my DHL upgrade went through. I ordered it but forgot to give my original order number and emailed support and was just told they'd try to find the original. I asked if they wanted both order numbers and unfortunately didn't see their response until this morning. So fingers crossed.
hey all,

just posting for the sake of adding another data point.
ordered PBP 5/1, shipping to New York, USA.
Received DHL shipping notice today, expected delivery 6/22

Thanks again to the amazing Pine team for all their hard work even with all these difficult circumstances.
Monday 6/22 can't come soon enough...
(06-16-2020, 02:06 PM)bchenlee609 Wrote: hey all,

just posting for the sake of adding another data point.
ordered PBP 5/1, shipping to New York, USA.
Received DHL shipping notice today, expected delivery 6/22

Thanks again to the amazing Pine team for all their hard work even with all these difficult circumstances.
Monday 6/22 can't come soon enough...
Thanks for posting this. It is refreshing!!
(06-16-2020, 02:06 PM)bchenlee609 Wrote: Received DHL shipping notice today, expected delivery 6/22

You'll quite possibly receive it tomorrow. My initial DHL Express ETA was one week from shipping, then they emailed the next morning & said "Your package is scheduled for delivery TODAY".

As for the people stuck on Asendia, my Pinephone Braveheart shipped via Asendia and it got here eventually.

The biggest joke was my new Nalgene bottle. It had to fight its way across the country. UPS tracking said, "Civil unrest has delayed your package in transit." Then they went into PC mode and changed it to "Civil demonstration", but that's not what it said to begin with.

"Delivery will be rescheduled. Check back for updates. Your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control. We're adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible."

And I'm looking at the tracking, thinking, "You do realize that's just my new pee bottle?"
(06-16-2020, 04:04 PM)Dendrocalamus64 Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 02:06 PM)bchenlee609 Wrote: Received DHL shipping notice today, expected delivery 6/22

You'll quite possibly receive it tomorrow.  My initial DHL Express ETA was one week from shipping, then they emailed the next morning & said "Your package is scheduled for delivery TODAY".

As for the people stuck on Asendia, my Pinephone Braveheart shipped via Asendia and it got here eventually.

The biggest joke was my new Nalgene bottle.  It had to fight its way across the country.  UPS tracking said, "Civil unrest has delayed your package in transit."  Then they went into PC mode and changed it to "Civil demonstration", but that's not what it said to begin with.

"Delivery will be rescheduled. Check back for updates. Your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control. We're adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible."

And I'm looking at the tracking, thinking, "You do realize that's just my new pee bottle?"
The exact same thing happened to me (DHL notice, not pee bottle): Yesterday (Monday June 15) I got an email from DHL saying delivery was scheduled for June 22, then today another email saying it was coming today! I'm skeptical, because according to Luke the current sub-batch shipments only just started leaving Hong Kong this week (which I assume means just yesterday). Does anyone know what to make of this implausible change in delivery date?   Are other people getting these too-good-to-be-true changes?
(06-16-2020, 04:28 PM)tomm87 Wrote:

You'll quite possibly receive it tomorrow.  My initial DHL Express ETA was one week from shipping, then they emailed the next morning & said "Your package is scheduled for delivery TODAY".

The biggest joke was my new Nalgene bottle.  It had to fight its way across the country.  UPS tracking said, "Civil unrest has delayed your package in transit."  Then they went into PC mode and changed it to "Civil demonstration", but that's not what it said to begin with.

The exact same thing happened to me (DHL notice, not pee bottle): Yesterday (Monday June 15) I got an email from DHL saying delivery was scheduled for June 22, then today another email saying it was coming today! I'm skeptical, because according to Luke the current sub-batch shipments only just started leaving Hong Kong this week (which I assume means just yesterday). Does anyone know what to make of this implausible change in delivery date?   Are other people getting these too-good-to-be-true changes?

Replying to myself... I think it really is coming today. I looked at the detailed tracking history, and it shows it leaving Hong Kong yesterday, arriving in Los Angeles the same day (with some help from time zones), and leaving Seattle with a courier early this afternoon. I live less than 100 miles from Seattle, so it's practically here already.
PinePhone status update:

I ordered my community edition on 4/25 to be shipped DHL and got a paypal notice that Syabas Technology in HK had received it also on the 25th.  I am in the Seattle area and so far have not received an email or SMS.

I think that I'm in the 2nd "batch" of phones to be made.  Sounds like it's not going to take too long.  Hoping an update will be made about ETA's on the 2nd batch getting started and ready to ship.

Have to admit, I'm jealous when I read the postings about tracking saying it's in Seattle.  I wonder how many batch 1 phones have been 20 miles close to me.

Bill
(06-15-2020, 09:29 PM)lodovicoset Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 07:42 PM)jittopjose Wrote: HI,
I can see a lot of people are getting notification on DHL shipping. I am from India. I ordered pinephone on April 3rd (Order #127067). I selected DHL shipping. I have not get any notification about shipping yet.
I would like to know if its already started sending notification to people ordered from India. If its not  yet started, then no issues. I am Ok to wait. I want to make sure I am not missing anything.
Thanks..
Jitto P.Jose
Hi Jitto,

I've received my DHL notification last evening (Pinebook Pro). Supposed to be delivered next Friday here in Delhi. Ordered on May 29th.

In fact I ordered for Pinephone and I guess Pinephone would have shipped before Pinebook. Thats why I got confused. Moreover I opted for DHL shipping originally and its not a DHL upgrade.
(06-16-2020, 04:56 PM)tomm87 Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 04:28 PM)tomm87 Wrote:

Replying to myself... I think it really is coming today. I looked at the detailed tracking history, and it shows it leaving Hong Kong yesterday, arriving in Los Angeles the same day (with some help from time zones), and leaving Seattle with a courier early this afternoon. I live less than 100 miles from Seattle, so it's practically here already.

It really did come today! Hard to believe the object in my hands was in a Hong Kong factory yesterday morning; I'm not sure a passenger would've made the same journey much faster.  Hard to believe such shipping is economically feasible.

Bills2002 -- for what it's worth, I should've said I bought a Pinebook Pro, not a Pinephone. And hello from Whatcom County!
(05-25-2020, 01:50 AM)Luke Wrote: Regarding FedEx, where possible we'll change FedEx shipments to DHL - this may not be possible for all FedEx shipments because the two companies do not always service the same area/ region.
Why is there such change from FexEx to DHL ? What is the problem with FedEx Huh FedEx is just as expensive

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 87,925 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,237 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,098 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,659 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,161 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,217 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,534 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 5,978 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,014 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,103 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad