Hinge Clicking Noise on Closing and Opening
Hi All,

Seem to have a noise coming from the right hinge when opening and closing? Anyone experianced this and what was outcome/solution?

Thanks
(04-24-2020, 04:59 AM)SamWilts Wrote: Hi All,

Seem to have a noise coming from the right hinge when opening and closing? Anyone experianced this and what was outcome/solution?

Thanks

I got rid of most of my noises by removing the bottom panel for eMMC reflash via USB.  When I put the bottom back on I snugged up the screws a bit more then the factory did at assembly some were lose when removing them in the first place.  I want to try silicone grease to the hinges but as you might have noticed the hinges have a very small area to reach might try a toothpick or piece of paper to reach them.
Ne quid nimis

Thanks for reply. Sorry mine is late.

Im intending to strip the back off and check whats going on, Had a few clicks when closing but not all the time. something is not right in there.

Other than that its been in perfect use.
(05-17-2020, 04:42 PM)SamWilts Wrote: Thanks for reply. Sorry mine is late.

Im intending to strip the back off and check whats going on, Had a few clicks when closing but not all the time. something is not right in there.

Other than that its been in perfect use.

I managed to rip out the display panel from the balm case. Definitely check the hinges. I modified the hinges. I described the process here:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...structural

It's the last post on this page (for now).

I would also suggest to reinforce the area where the hinges are bolted to the balm case. Someone posted a description on how to do this.
I've had this problem on my unit, and it seems to have been more or less completely solved by using a syringe to insert a very small drop of sewing machine oil into the hinge. it took a few days to work its way into the problem area, but my hinge is now pop-free.

Do be careful about getting oil on the ABS surfaces of the device, though, because it might damage them.
(05-28-2020, 10:12 AM)diodelass Wrote: I've had this problem on my unit, and it seems to have been more or less completely solved by using a syringe to insert a very small drop of sewing machine oil into the hinge. it took a few days to work its way into the problem area, but my hinge is now pop-free.

Do be careful about getting oil on the ABS surfaces of the device, though, because it might damage them.

Hi diodelass,

I think thats going to be the route i go. Its not done in for a week or so but im going to strip it down when my M.2 adaptor comes and lube everything up. I've got some oil here i use on photocopiers which should handle everything fine as it doesn't run.

Thanks for your reply.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question High Pitch Noise Coming From Pinebook Pro User 11436 60 81,618 11-16-2022, 02:51 PM
Last Post: kebab
  Serious hinge crapout ab1jx 7 6,431 10-06-2021, 03:05 PM
Last Post: ab1jx
  Flickering black window when opening settings Edgars10 0 1,315 06-06-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Edgars10
  Hissing noise when using headphones RotatingNut 4 5,249 07-20-2020, 12:56 PM
Last Post: dlowe
  Pinebook Pro sleep issue (hinge?) pciman 1 2,805 07-12-2020, 12:48 AM
Last Post: MtnSk8
Video Pinebook Pro Opening/Use Video kettek 1 3,105 11-06-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: aleksei