Update on last batch of Bravehearts not yet shipped
With the latest Feb. update post now live, could we receive some news regarding this last batch of Braveheart units that didn't get shipped?

Quick refresher from this thread

01-29-2020, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2020, 11:02 PM by tllim.)

During Jan 18 when shipping team, including me, wrap up the PinePhone shipment, we discovered there is about 80 units that lacking shipping label. Based on the quantity, shipping team believes that there is one batch (about 80 units) that logistic didn't provide the shipping label info. However, the logistic team already left work for the Chinese New Year, we don't know which batch (within certain date range, not certain country) got affected and can only know when logistic and shipping team back from Chinese New Year (has been extended due to Coronavirus crisis). Based on recent response, I believes the affected batch is the last batch (from January 5 order till sold out). Please noted that this is a not random miss shipment scenario. Once back from the Chinese New New Year/Chronavirus Crisis period and Hong Kong open back the broader, shipping team will immediately ship out this missed batch.

In the February update it's called out that -

Sadly, this isn’t the entire extent of the problem; as I’ve already mentioned, all devices which contain batteries ship from Hong Kong. Earlier this month Hong Kong closed many key crossings to the region from mainland China, including the one which we rely on, and now there is a 2-week long quarantine for anyone arriving from mainland China to Hong Kong. This means that our shipping staff can’t reach the Hong Kong warehouse. 

So, then, what does all this mean in practice? It means that we cannot produce anything this month and, even if we could, there is no way for us to ship any devices with batteries.

Emphasis mine. Since these 80 units are packed with batteries and ready to go do they have a chance at shipping? Or is the shut down + quarantine going to impact these as well moving forward since they are not on mainland China and therefor not considered backlog (like the Feb. update post mentions will still being going out).

Given the nature of the shutdown safety should be the priority, with these units being in a unique situation and not being expressly addressed I wanted to see if we could get some official word one way or another however.
Should have clarified that this doesn't include the German batch awaiting CE certification, sorry about that!
This batch of "BraveHeart" PinePhone stock still at Hong Kong warehouse and logistic team already confirmed yesterday that this miss out last batch list information (starts from January 4 till sold out). Since nobody from China can cross border travel to Hong Kong due to Coronavirus epidemic and this means only can dispatch someone fly to Hong Kong and access to warehouse. We are currently judging on the timing so that able to dispatch out together with Germany shipment once obtain CE certificate. Currently we arranged to ship out on early March but Coronavirus breakout condition can affect our arrangement.

Sorry on the delay due to epidemic situation that not under our control. Please contact sales@pine64.org for full refund on the unshipped shipment.

Somebody in forum or IRC complained that we don't dispatch per order date and instead per country. This miss shipment case proves that we are dispatching out as per order date.
Excellent, thanks for the quick reply and extra information!

Sorry people are making assumptions like that, hopefully this clears things up!
(02-17-2020, 11:48 AM)tllim Wrote: This batch of "BraveHeart" PinePhone stock still at Hong Kong warehouse and logistic team already confirmed yesterday that this miss out last batch list information (starts from January 4 till sold out). Since nobody from China can cross border travel to Hong Kong due to Coronavirus epidemic and this means only can dispatch someone fly to Hong Kong and access to warehouse. We are currently judging on the timing so that able to dispatch out together with Germany shipment once obtain CE certificate. Currently we arranged to ship out on early March but Coronavirus breakout condition can affect our arrangement.

Sorry on the delay due to epidemic situation that not under our control. Please contact sales@pine64.org for full refund on the unshipped shipment.

Somebody in forum or IRC complained that we don't dispatch per order date and instead per country. This miss shipment case proves that we are dispatching out as per order date.

So, now what? Because I contacted sales@pine64.org informing them about a tracking code and shipment status, and now they gave me a full refund.

I didn't even ask for that - or wanted that. I wanted the Brave Heart, even if I would have to wait longer. What happens to my phone now? Can I still get it, or do I have to wait for the final edition?
As I ordered phone on 6th of January I assume I'm affected by the issue (I have no email from Pine64 since order).
So is the refund only way or I can just wait? (I'd prefer to wait).
Thanks.
You should be able to just wait, the units will go out once its feasible given the outbreak situation.
Are e-mails to sales@pine64.org even being read? Up to this point, I have sent four e-mails asking about the status of my shipment and later asking about why they refunded my order even though I never asked for that. I have never gotten any reply.

I am really losing trust in the shipping team..
Until now the Hong Kong border still close due to Coronavirus and no shipping team from China can access to Hong Kong warehouse. I am currently exploring with shipping team whether I make a special trip to Hong Kong on next week and help to dispatch out. The shipping team currently making the preparation on remote help up and determine whether such proposal workable. Please note that all flights from California to Hong Kong already stop flying except Cathay airline, this means the flight ticket cost is not cheap.
(02-25-2020, 03:54 AM)the7thstranger Wrote: Are e-mails to sales@pine64.org even being read? Up to this point, I have sent four e-mails asking about the status of my shipment and later asking about why they refunded my order even though I never asked for that. I have never gotten any reply.

I am really losing trust in the shipping team..

Please PM your order number, I can check out why they refund your order.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobian PIN changed after update! Mwo87 21 16,978 12-02-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Karrenbrady
  No longer waking up from sleep after recent update gamerminstrel 2 1,210 01-23-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: gamerminstrel
  no sdcard boot and manjaro update failed Gwen 3 1,301 11-27-2022, 07:56 AM
Last Post: fxc
Exclamation No wIfI after Mobian update crakabeats 3 2,002 11-03-2022, 04:16 AM
Last Post: wifinoworkie
  update kills keyboard ludgate 1 1,115 05-18-2022, 12:43 AM
Last Post: programmin
  Cannot update matt_the_hall 9 9,946 11-28-2021, 04:16 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Unable to get PinePhone Manjaro - Arm to Update kmk7x 1 3,440 03-02-2021, 05:56 PM
Last Post: tllim
Lightbulb [12.11.20 Update] Latest PinePhone CE Manjaro - Device Arrival & Initial Tests Thread kern707 11 12,005 12-25-2020, 10:23 PM
Last Post: crevdunekin
  Manjaro system update failed, bricked PinePhone jalanga 1 2,753 11-27-2020, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Veraendert
  Germany batch will be delayed vicky 80 97,775 10-01-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: tllim