Pinebook Pro Revised Keyboard Firmware
(01-27-2020, 12:53 AM)Solra Bizna Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 01:33 PM)inkslinger Wrote: If it's also improved the cursor that's awesome (corner grabbing is practically impossible with the trackpad, as-is, in my experience).

No changes have been made to the trackpad firmware yet, so far only the keyboard firmware seems to have been revised.

Should I post an issue about the trackpad problem, or is the focus intended to be the keyboard?

This is correct! I hope to be able to fix the trackpad issues as well though - feel free to make an issue about it Smile
Very odd, the track pad is definitely working better for me...confirmed this weekend. It is almost like there are more screen corner pixels available to grab. Ah well, the Placebo effect is strong with this one Wink
(01-22-2020, 03:18 PM)jackhumber Wrote: If you have any bug reports or suggestions for other features, feel free to open an issue/PR in the repo, or discuss things here!

I'd be happy to test out a dvorak mapping, or even generate one if needed -- I recently built a keyboard, and having hardware dvorak is really nice.

The documentation says the .asm files aren't -- does that apply to the .a51 files?

Having a comprehensive way of remapping keys would be awesome, particularly if it could be as easy as Soarer's converter for simple mods, but with the ability to do more ornate mappings (Fn-key, maybe even layers) as well.
@jackhumbert -  I have updated ANSI keyboard before (with oem files). Can I just run last step of your instructions - ./updater flash-kb-revised ansi ?
(01-28-2020, 03:28 AM)as400 Wrote: @jackhumbert -  I have updated ANSI keyboard before (with oem files). Can I just run last step of your instructions - ./updater flash-kb-revised ansi ?

Yeap! `sudo` should be needed I think.

(01-28-2020, 02:05 AM)ssfrfr@ Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:18 PM)jackhumbert Wrote: If you have any bug reports or suggestions for other features, feel free to open an issue/PR in the repo, or discuss things here!

I'd be happy to test out a dvorak mapping, or even generate one if needed -- I recently built a keyboard, and having hardware dvorak is really nice.

The documentation says the .asm files aren't -- does that apply to the .a51 files?

Having a comprehensive way of remapping keys would be awesome, particularly if it could be as easy as Soarer's converter for simple mods, but with the ability to do more ornate mappings (Fn-key, maybe even layers) as well.

I've started converting these assembly-ish files into c code and keymaps that can actually be compiled with sdcc: https://github.com/jackhumbert/pinebook-...c/keymaps/ - hopefully the format I have here makes sense. This branch isn't thoroughly tested yet, so please be careful when thinking about flashing from `c_source` (`master` is stable). I've only created ANSI versions for now since that's all I'm able to personally test at this time. Theoretically we can create an ISO mapping using the ANSI .hex file as a base (as opposed to the ISO one), but I'm not sure if there's any other differences yet.

it'd be nice to have the updater able to flash arbitrary .hex files instead of needing to rename and recompile each time. Ideally we can have a bunch of keymaps in here for people to flash/try out based on what they want.
Just to report @jackhumbert - running just last step of your instructions on a pbp that has been updated before with oem images went fine.

Thanks Smile
I'm still diggin into the touchpad interfacing, but I think I've had some luck in making it a bit more usable with the current firmware by adjusting the MinSpeed of the driver:

Code:
synclient MinSpeed=0.25

This seems to make it a little more natural to grab window corners (for me).
(01-29-2020, 07:34 AM)jackhumbert Wrote: I'm still diggin into the touchpad interfacing, but I think I've had some luck in making it a bit more usable with the current firmware by adjusting the MinSpeed of the driver:

Code:
synclient MinSpeed=0.25

This seems to make it a little more natural to grab window corners (for me).
Awesome! that would be amazing. the corner grabbing for me is frustrating... especially on the bottom and sides where the borders are very thin.

Keep up the great work on this!! it is much appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
For folks that want to mess around with the keymap (and are brave!) I've converted the revised firmware changes to c source code and created something that allows you to dive into the world of custom keymaps! On the `c_source` branch, the instructions can be found here: https://github.com/jackhumbert/pinebook-...rmware/src - if you're cloning it, you'll need to checkout that specific branch. Both defaults (ANSI and ISO) have been tested, and I'm currently using the jack_ansi keymap on my PBP Smile
a tip/workaround for people annoyed by grabbing windows to resize, you can also do alt+rightclick and drag to resize windows (at least in KDE)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro on Debian 12 Power Issue u974615 1 230 03-13-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro Source for Trackpad Flex / Ribbon Cable rankharris 1 180 02-17-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: tllim
  HDMI or VGA From Pinebook Pro via Pinebook Pro Docking Deck? segaloco 0 151 02-13-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: segaloco
  Pinebook Pro charging issues tomekdev 1 525 01-05-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Replacement battery for PineBook Pro DrYak 3 955 11-07-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Separate ISO keyboard for PBP Besouro 0 649 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Besouro
  PineBook Pro dead ottahe 9 5,712 01-18-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: ottahe
  Pinebook Pro malfunctioned hardware samtux 10 4,140 12-27-2022, 03:31 PM
Last Post: samtux
  PineBook Pro revision 2.2: Wishlist for the hardware issue fixes dsimic 115 131,725 11-30-2022, 04:28 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Decent Pinebook Pro barrel PSU / Charger petaramesh 3 1,760 10-21-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: dachalife