Default OS update log
I just updated to 1.5 and now I have issues with an intermittent faint static sound from the speakers anytime there is audio present in a browser window, even if the audio is muted. I have tried several restarts (due to updating the trackpad firmware) and the issue persists. Also, any word on when we might see a fix for screen tearing in videos? Not a huge deal just wondered if the issue was on anyone's radar.
I also updated to 1.5 and can confirm the faint high pitched sound from the speakers when a program "activates" sound (even when not playing anything).

Looks like the update improved compatibility with my USB-C hub. USB memory sticks work again.

Just one question, the default font doesn't support unicode.
Any recommendations for a font that does support unicode?

Update edit: I'm not sure if it was the trackpad firmware upgrade, or the 1.5 update, but you can left click by using two finger tap. Now you can avoid that noisy click. :-)
Does anyone have instructions on how to get this update?

sudo: /usr/bin/update_widevine.sh: command not found

Why does this have to be so painful?

How the heck does one run this update?

sudo /usr/bin/update_widevine.sh
(11-24-2019, 05:55 PM)ryannshit Wrote: Does anyone have instructions on how to get this update?

have you tried:

sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade

?
If you are using the rock account then there will be a shortcut on the right side of the taskbar near the system time. Double click the round icon and enter the root password in the CLI window when it comes up.
(11-24-2019, 05:55 PM)ryannshit Wrote: Does anyone have instructions on how to get this update?

Are you sure that's the right path? Judging from ayufan's build, it looks like it should be:

Code:
/usr/local/sbin/update_widevine.sh

Worth double checking...
In first post I included quick instructions on how to change default 'rock' user and associated home directory to desired username.
Also included a performance fix for FireFox.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thanks all.. After catching up on the updates I am able to boot to sd.
Hi Just received my PineBookPro yesterday, and initial impressions are good. Updated using the supplied script to 1.5 without any issues. 

My first hiccup is that suspend does not seem to be working. Hitting the power button and clicking suspend, cause it to sleep for a second, and then immediately wake up. Also closing the lid, does not seem to do anything, as I can still see the screen lit between the halves of the  clamshell. 

Thanks,
Scott.
(11-30-2019, 08:46 AM)sjk Wrote: Hi Just received my PineBookPro yesterday, and initial impressions are good. Updated using the supplied script to 1.5 without any issues. 

My first hiccup is that suspend does not seem to be working. Hitting the power button and clicking suspend, cause it to sleep for a second, and then immediately wake up. Also closing the lid, does not seem to do anything, as I can still see the screen lit between the halves of the  clamshell. 

Thanks,
Scott.

I am experiencing this too and fiddled around with it a bit but I could only get suspend to work once per boot. I don't have the logs handy right now, but there were some problems with systemd-suspend trying to put the eMMC back so sleep because they get a wakeup call from somewhere.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,155 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 1,025 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 1,034 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,249 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,405 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,063 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,862 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,360 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,550 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z
  Trackpad firmware update Luke 263 358,366 07-28-2021, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Luke