Key Presses Not Registering
(10-07-2019, 06:24 AM)Luke Wrote: The issue occurs when your thumb or edge of the palm makes contact with left or right tip of the trackpad when you type. Basically its a case of palm rejection firmware being stupid - instead of  disabling the trackpad (so your cursor doesn't dance all over the place) it actually disables both the trackpad and the keyboard.

I saw that the utility to update the firmware has been released to you as open source but, out of interest, is the keyboard/trackpad firmware itself going to be open source as well? I'm interested to see that bit... its part of a laptop the user doesn't normally get to see!
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
(10-07-2019, 06:45 AM)danielt Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 06:24 AM)Luke Wrote: The issue occurs when your thumb or edge of the palm makes contact with left or right tip of the trackpad when you type. Basically its a case of palm rejection firmware being stupid - instead of  disabling the trackpad (so your cursor doesn't dance all over the place) it actually disables both the trackpad and the keyboard.

I saw that the utility to update the firmware has been released to you as open source but, out of interest, is the keyboard/trackpad firmware itself going to be open source as well? I'm interested to see that bit... its part of a laptop the user doesn't normally get to see!

I asked exactly this way back in July.  Supposedly, it already is:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...7#pid47547
(10-07-2019, 08:14 AM)binarian Wrote: I asked exactly this way back in July.  Supposedly, it already is:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...7#pid47547

Cool. Thanks for the link.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
I'm not exactly an expert on this, but it is my understanding that its completely open. Getting the utility to work is one thing, and understanding the (Chinese) documentation to fix something else. If need be, we'll ask the vendor for help.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I can ask my wife for help as she is Chinese. Depending of the complexity of the documentation, she might translate to English the keyboard firmware documentation. We are very busy at the moment so it might take some time.
After disabling the trackpad the Keyboard is a pleasant experience. Will be using an external mouse until the firmware fix is released.
Hi all. The issue is now solved and the new firmware works. [edit] We now have a way to fix the issue. Don't thank me - its all thanks to @ayufan .

There will still be a slight wait - we need GPL or MIT license to actually distribute this. Depending on how simple it is for the vendor to understand what we require from him, this can be either in a few days or slightly longer. Anyways, you can now rest assured that the issue is solved.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Well I’m uncertain if all is solved, but we have a way to distribute firmware updates for keyboard which is actually super great thing to have.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
Can someone point me in the right direction towards the track-pad firmware flashing utility? Thanks!
(11-04-2019, 06:25 PM)CloudPlumber42 Wrote: Can someone point me in the right direction towards the track-pad firmware flashing utility? Thanks!

The updater and some firmware binaries are available here.

However, DO NOT FLASH THE FIRMWARE YET. The fixed firmware is not yet available, and flashing the firmware on that repo has a risk of going wrong and bricking both the touchpad and the keyboard.

We will make announcements when it will be a good idea to update the firmware.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Key + Backspace/Arrow Keys not registering tslight 3 4,183 06-13-2020, 11:31 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx