Key Presses Not Registering
Question 
Is anyone else experiencing any issues with key presses not registering the first time? I'm seeing instances of this with the letter H, C, and I thus far. There's not really much consistency, and it's occurring in both the GUI and CLI (via TTY). I'm considering opening this puppy up and seeing if there's anything obvious such as damage or debris. Everything seems to be working fine otherwise, I just wanted to put out feelers to see if anyone else had noticed this sort of thing.
I'm seeing the same thing. I had really hoped that the keyboard issues of the original PineBook had been resolved.
(10-02-2019, 03:32 PM)Marauder Wrote: I'm seeing the same thing. I had really hoped that the keyboard issues of the original PineBook had been resolved.

Fortunately it seems that after playing around with the system for about an hour or so, these initial hiccups seem to have mostly (if not entirely) disappeared. I bumped the CPU speed (I also had noticed an input delay after initially posting, which may or may not have been related, but it occurred to me it could be resource related) up to 816MHz, but other than that I just used the keyboard until it stopped. I'll chime back in if I see this happening further.
Related to keyboard + trackpad firmware not the hardware -- will be fixed, but utility still needs to be compiled. It'll get better
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response and assurance. Big Grin I'm loving this little laptop so far. Glad to hear it will improve.
(10-02-2019, 04:45 PM)Luke Wrote: Related to keyboard + trackpad firmware not the hardware -- will be fixed, but utility still needs to be compiled. It'll get better

That’s what I wanted to hear, look forward to testing the updated firmware.
(10-02-2019, 02:51 PM)hikaricore Wrote: Is anyone else experiencing any issues with key presses not registering the first time? I'm seeing instances of this witI  h the letter H, C, and I thus far. There's not really much consistency, and it's occurring in both the GUI and CLI (via TTY). I'm considering opening this puppy up and seeing if there's anything obvious such as damage or debris. Everything seems to be working fine otherwise, I just wanted to put out feelers to see if anyone else had noticed this sort of thing.

I am getting key press issues with the r , g , h and o buttons on mine. Didn't have an issue when I used an external USB keyboard.
I've noticed whenever the trackpad activates it shuts off key input.  Is this the problem referenced with?

(10-02-2019, 04:45 PM)Luke Wrote: Related to keyboard + trackpad firmware not the hardware -- will be fixed, but utility still needs to be compiled. It'll get better

For me this occurs when I get lazy and rest my palms while typing, so a workaround, until fixed, is to try to keep your palms up which is possibly better for your wrists anyway.
I had noticed that occurring as well, but my very first trouble with keys not registering was unrelated. I'd be hovering my hand above the keyboard and stabbing at the key with my extended index finger in a downward motion, but nothing would register. It seems that particular issue has sorted itself out and may have just been due to the keyboard etc needing worn in a bit, but yes the trackpack + keyboard issue is another problem that I've experienced, and I tend to keep my hands in the air anyway so I just try not to get lazy and brush them against it. Big Grin
The issue occurs when your thumb or edge of the palm makes contact with left or right tip of the trackpad when you type. Basically its a case of palm rejection firmware being stupid - instead of disabling the trackpad (so your cursor doesn't dance all over the place) it actually disables both the trackpad and the keyboard.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Key + Backspace/Arrow Keys not registering tslight 3 4,276 06-13-2020, 11:31 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx