London Meetup, PineTab News, SOEdge And More! (August Update Blog)
For those who would rather discuss the August Update in the forum rather than blog comments, here's the place to do it.

August Update blog post is here.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

That's good news. Hopefully those of us in line for the second batch will start to see coupons in our inboxes soon.
I'll be the first one to bite the bullet; to whoever proof-read the text: It's rectify (~fix) not ratify (~approve).  Angel

Otherwise great news, I'm happy to see the Pb Pro orders are getting open sooner than was initially predicted.
(08-05-2019, 03:34 PM)tsago Wrote: I'll be the first one to bite the bullet; to whoever proof-read the text: It's rectify (~fix) not ratify (~approve).  Angel

Otherwise great news, I'm happy to see the Pb Pro orders are getting open sooner than was initially predicted.

Thanks!
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-05-2019, 03:34 PM)tsago Wrote: I'll be the first one to bite the bullet; to whoever proof-read the text: It's rectify (~fix) not ratify (~approve).  Angel

Oops, I knew there was an error I forgot to fix for Luke. Fixed now, anyway. Smile
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Given the choice, and the future of USB peripherals, and current-carrying ability (amperage), I would prefer to see a USB-C port over the micro on the PineTab. I will happily pay the extra €0.60 for USB-C.

Aaaand, please tell me one of your secret projects is a PCIe multi-processor Mali, or AMD Vega card. Ability to upgrade (and offload from CPU) graphics would be a huge win for RockPro64 over the Odroid-N2. And I'm curious to know how such a card might compare to (say, five year's ago models) AMD or Nvidia GPUs.

Or: a MiniITX (or smaller) ThunderX based mini-server. Thinking Docker and Xen, here.

Or: that you've sorted out a way to software emulate the x86-64 hyperthreading, effectively allowing us to (almost) double our core count on the same hardware.

Or: that you've decided to put a processor on the clusterboard just to act as a network gateway (and PXI image host?)

Or:... Stop me. I have a long wishlist. I will try to be patient about announcements.

I'm anxiously awaiting a PineTab, that being the only January-announced bit of kit that really caught my interest. It's a bummer it won't have ten hours battery life, but if it will run emacs and a web browser, I'll (mostly) be content. Would be nice to also be able to use it as a graphics tablet for sketching in Krita or Inkscape, though. See comment on USB-C, above.

And, keyboard. Having now spent a year in the Netherlands, and working exclusive with the ISO keyboard, I've grown very fond of it. Since this is an external, instead of built-in as on the PBP, what are chances of having an ISO option?

And will there be a pinecone logo anywhere? I like that idea. Smile
Thanks for the news on PinePhone, and your caring of the I2C via pogo pins - the back cover .stp file will be much appreciated. I'm desperately waiting for its pre-order opportunity.
So from a quick search, Looks like the only meetups thus far have been in London.

Would this be an appropriate place to search for desire for other meetup locations?
-Happy Testing
(Posted from my Pinebook  PRO Mate)
Getting Paid to break your product (and make it better) since 2005
(08-12-2019, 08:30 AM)MrTester Wrote: So from a quick search, Looks like the only meetups thus far have been in London.

Would this be an appropriate place to search for desire for other meetup locations?

There have been plenty other meetups in various other places, they are usually correlated with conferences, events, etc.,
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Shame I'm not in the UK until September 14th, any meet up then? (Or will I have my PBP by then???) Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab-V and PineTab 2 Launch - here's what you need to know Luke 8 2,875 07-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,294 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,605 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,514 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,787 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,780 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,624 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,887 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,455 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
Information August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread Luke 256 371,091 10-27-2020, 11:14 AM