Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release
(05-27-2019, 11:11 AM)Slam Wrote: Will test tonight. Thank you for this great update!

So far it works well.
I have samba, rsync and kodi all running with no issues.
A video is running with kodi while I load files to the HDD connected to the PCIe board and no freeze for more than 1hour.

Thank you for this great update!
pbut5 - kernel source was pushed as well Smile And I added a huge amount of DVB modules to the build for you already, try to load what you need. Which one is it you're looking for?

Slam - thank you for the feedback, great that it's working well!
@Mrfixit2001

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure exactly which ones are needed (I tend to select them all) but usually cx23885 for a start.

The cards I have are TBS 6981, DVBSKY s952, DVBSKY T9580, DigitalDevices Cine S2 v7a. For usb tuners I also need hauppauge wintv dual hd, em28xx and afatech 9035 (I think) for an older usb tuner.

Those are the tuners I have / am testing with. I will give it a try with your image and kernel and see how it goes.

I don't know if it's the same issue but I noticed emmc errors when the kernel was crashing while booting from the emmc with a tuner in the pcie.

edit

I tested with most of these devices and your latest kernel source after your last update (27/05/2019) and still got the errors.

Edit 2:

I just tried with both your desktop and non desktop versions.

Non Desktop:
With emmc + pcie card: Boot's but no lan and card not detected
With emmc no pcie: Boots with network
With sd + pcie: Boots No network no card detected.

Desktop:
With emmc + pcie: No boot
With sd + pcie: Boots no card detected.

The no card being detected is at least partly because of no cx23885 module which also requires video-buf-2 module. (And possibly others)
(05-28-2019, 06:45 AM)pbut5 Wrote: @Mrfixit2001

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure exactly which ones are needed (I tend to select them all) but usually cx23885 for a start.

The cards I have are TBS 6981, DVBSKY s952, DVBSKY T9580, DigitalDevices Cine S2 v7a. For usb tuners I also need hauppauge wintv dual hd, em28xx and afatech 9035 (I think) for an older usb tuner.

Those are the tuners I have / am testing with. I will give it a try with your image and kernel and see how it goes.

I don't know if it's the same issue but I noticed emmc errors when the kernel was crashing while booting from the emmc with a tuner in the pcie.

edit

I tested with most of these devices and your latest kernel source after your last update (27/05/2019) and still got the errors.

Edit 2:

I just tried with both your desktop and non desktop versions.

Non Desktop:
   With emmc + pcie card: Boot's but no lan and card not detected
   With emmc no pcie: Boots with network
   With sd + pcie: Boots No network no card detected.

Desktop:
   With emmc + pcie: No boot
   With sd + pcie: Boots no card detected.

The no card being detected is at least partly because of no cx23885 module which also requires video-buf-2 module. (And possibly others)

same... tried flashing desktop 190527 to eMMC. No post/boot... going to try SD and release 190518 to eMMC as well.
I've tried installing this onto the 64GB eMMC that was previously being used to run Armbian. Unfortunately, after burning with Pine Etcher (2.0.0beta3), the system refuses to boot. I've verified that the RockPRO64 is still set to boot from eMMC.

Reloading the current Armbian onto the same eMMC works.

Is there something that I should check with regard to the partitioning on the resulting Debian eMMC write?
There appears to be a bug in the latest version that's causing only some emmc modules to work. I'm trying to reproduce the issue so that I can resolve but all the emmc modules I have boot without any problem.

For users experiencing this, if anyone has a UART console to pull the output it would greatly help. And if you're willing to help test possible fixes please PM me, as I currently have no way to reproduce the issue.
(05-29-2019, 03:37 PM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: There appears to be a bug in the latest version that's causing only some emmc modules to work. I'm trying to reproduce the issue so that I can resolve but all the emmc modules I have boot without any problem.

For users experiencing this, if anyone has a UART console to pull the output it would greatly help. And if you're willing to help test possible fixes please PM me, as I currently have no way to reproduce the issue.

I just grabbed the latest Ubuntu 18.04 image from the Wiki link and it will also boot from a 64GB eMMC drive.  So I now have the generic armbian and this Ubuntu collection booting, but I would rather have your more stock Debian to work from.

Is there anything specific that I could tell you about the chip I'm using that might help?
(05-31-2019, 12:25 PM)Tim Jones Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 03:37 PM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: There appears to be a bug in the latest version that's causing only some emmc modules to work. I'm trying to reproduce the issue so that I can resolve but all the emmc modules I have boot without any problem.

I just grabbed the latest Ubuntu 18.04 image from the Wiki link and it will also boot from a 64GB eMMC drive.  So I now have the generic armbian and this Ubuntu collection booting, but I would rather have your more stock Debian to work from.

Is there anything specific that I could tell you about the chip I'm using that might help?

Looks like @Mrfixit2001 resolved the issue - the next image will most likely solve the problem with booting from eMMC. So, just wait patiently.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Updated release:
https://github.com/mrfixit2001/debian_de...tag/190531
- Kernel Updated to 4.4.180
- Additional Kernel Fixes
- U-Boot patched to fix weird issue where only some EMMC modules will not boot

Special thanks to y0sh for being the only volunteer to help test solutions to the emmc issue, as I was unable to reproduce it myself
SBC: rockpro64 v2.1
OS: https://github.com/mrfixit2001/debian_de...tag/190531
-----------
-- Chromium/settings still failing with ``Aw snap...something happened.''
-- Auto initialization of eth0 [static IP settings] still failing.
Remote access with NoMachine works fine with manual initialization
of eth0. Sad
-- Disabling/removing NetworkManager and using /etc/network/interfaces; ifup/down
fails --- NO networking.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 17,268 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  How do I enable Pine touchdisplay as display on Debian? Thisone 0 547 04-23-2023, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Thisone
  Is some u-boot required on the SPI for installing debian with the official installer? callegar 1 1,334 10-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ratzzupaltuff
  Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement TRS-80 0 1,147 02-28-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Install Mali 400 Drivers for Debian 11 on RockPro64 MaverickPi 2 2,402 02-19-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: sigmaris
  Debian image configured for USB-C OTG? djonathan 2 2,566 01-06-2022, 03:09 AM
Last Post: susy1075
Bug Unreliable display in Armbian and Debian ksattic 3 3,142 11-17-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: PakoSt
  Debian Bullseye & RockPro64: No tty consoles? Pete Tandy 9 7,488 11-08-2021, 02:33 PM
  HBA Card working on Aufan's builds but not in debian, armbian or dietpi charsi 1 1,873 10-29-2021, 11:15 AM
  Two Questions About Debian on RockPro64 publiclewdness 0 1,305 09-30-2021, 11:54 AM
Last Post: publiclewdness