Shipping Progress
(03-22-2016, 08:29 AM)tllim Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 07:53 AM)harris Wrote: Backer Number 172 still not receive the Pine64. Ordered Pine64+ 2GB + WiFi. How can I check the shipment status?

My guess already shipped during last weekend, KS team currently key in tracking information and you may received info on today or tomorrow.

Still no information. The status in backerkit still show ready to ship since 27 Feb 2106.
(03-24-2016, 04:06 AM)peterz Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 12:39 PM)jhgoodwin Wrote: My suggestion to those waiting for their devices - just be patient.

<SNIP>

Just my two cents,
John

Hi John,

my apology to you (and anybody else) for being impatient. Yes, this is exciting product and I'd like to have it in my hands to start testing.
The whole post was triggered by miss communication about delay of yet another module (5mpx camera). Tllim already corrected that and there won't be delay that long. In the meantime will focus on python programming and HW components (1602 and 2004 displays, i2C modules for displays, step and servo motors, temperature and humidity sensors, rs232 module) which already arrived. And I also promise to avoid another emotional posts. Smile

BR,
Peter

My issue with this is that communications from top down is not occurring. I find out here that the Z-Wave module has become a delay but only after I asked. I see that only by asking have we found delays with the camera, the box, and z-wave. My wish is that we could have someone at backerkit or support know this in advance and give us, those affected, with the option of waiting for a single shipment, canceling our affected add-ons, or separate shipments.

I have my credit card charged already. That means I have a reasonable expectation of goods to be received. (I'm not talking about the initial credit card charge of Kickstarter which carries its own terms of service risks.) There is no statement of risk on Backerkit.

It could mean that I still could contact Visa, have them reverse the charge from backerkit and and still get my initial March Pine order since Visa has nulled the contract for the z-wave and temperature module?

I know the Pine team is essentially a hardware/software development team but they are a business now.
(03-24-2016, 10:21 AM)TheMonkeyKing Wrote: My issue with this is that communications from top down is not occurring. I find out here that the Z-Wave module has become a delay but only after I asked. I see that only by asking have we found delays with the camera, the box, and z-wave. My wish is that we could have someone at backerkit or support know this in advance and give us, those affected, with the option of waiting for a single shipment, canceling our affected add-ons, or separate shipments.

I have my credit card charged already. That means I have a reasonable expectation of goods to be received. (I'm not talking about the initial credit card charge of Kickstarter which carries its own terms of service risks.) There is no statement of risk on Backerkit.

It could mean that I still could contact Visa, have them reverse the charge from backerkit and and still get my initial March Pine order since Visa has nulled the contract for the z-wave and temperature module?

I know the Pine team is essentially a hardware/software development team but they are a business now.

Many people have asked for better communication, myself included.  

The only response I see here amounts to: 'Contact support@pine64.com'.

support@pine64.com only gave excuses without answering any questions regarding delays or canceling accessories.

I think the reality is that they either don't care or they don't want to set realistic expectations.  Too busy to care?  Maybe it's too much effort to communicate to individuals about delays?  Perhaps they're afraid of the negative press of "delays"?  Whatever the reasons, there are a lot of people with no idea when they'll get their boards.  I know I've given up trying to figure out when my February board is going to ship.
(03-24-2016, 01:16 PM)thtroyer Wrote:
(03-24-2016, 10:21 AM)TheMonkeyKing Wrote: My issue with this is that communications from top down is not occurring. I find out here that the Z-Wave module has become a delay but only after I asked. I see that only by asking have we found delays with the camera, the box, and z-wave. My wish is that we could have someone at backerkit or support know this in advance and give us, those affected, with the option of waiting for a single shipment, canceling our affected add-ons, or separate shipments.

Many people have asked for better communication, myself included.  

The only response I see here amounts to: 'Contact support@pine64.com'.

support@pine64.com only gave excuses without answering any questions regarding delays or canceling accessories.

I think the reality is that they either don't care or they don't want to set realistic expectations.  Too busy to care?  Maybe it's too much effort to communicate to individuals about delays?  Perhaps they're afraid of the negative press of "delays"?  Whatever the reasons, there are a lot of people with no idea when they'll get their boards.  I know I've given up trying to figure out when my February board is going to ship.

I'll admit that they could have sent out more communication of these issues. But if you ordered from kickstarter/backerkit for a project that depends on having the product in your hands by a certain date, that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. If you need rock-solid logistics and detailed visibibility of your order from start to finish, you should have ordered from Amazon, not a startup.

No it's not fun having to wait, but these guys seem to be putting all of their energy into fulfulling all 37,000 orders as quickly as possible, minimizing packing errors, all while juggling multiple unexpected issues and making sure we get quality components, not just the cheapest. Do you really want them to pause, further delaying these orders, so that they can address every individual email?
No.  

However, I would have expected them to make statements to the effect of, "We're going to miss our original timeline, and you should expect +30 days on your delivery dates."  Or "If you do anything with backerkit to your original order, it will delay it."  That would have taken a couple of minutes and prevented 15 pages of this post, which has now drawn far more time than that.
I would rather them focus on shipping out everything, than focusing on every upset user who throws a fit over a little delay.

If you don't like delays, don't participate on Kickstarter. You would be more pleased with established brands and stores.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
Seven days left in March. I'm moving in a few weeks. I'll have access to this address for mailing purposes until the end of April. I paid extra to get my board shipped to me in March before I moved. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have done that. Or should have just waited until the board was purchasable through an online retailer. Experiencing some serious buyers remorse as of late. The added stress does not help with the many other abnormal stresses I'm experiencing at the moment. This sucks.
Did air mouses arrive? They arrived this week as said and no news about my board + add ons.
Why is it that only people such as tllim seem to monitor and reply to this forum rather than the people we sent money too? Come on Pine64, step up your game and add some transparency.
Backer #153 ; February early bird, 2GB board + wifi module.
Still marked as "Ready to ship".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 3,073 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,769 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,145 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,076 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 8,126 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,309 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,737 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,361 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,241 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 12,040 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus