First images with DRM and Mali support for A64
(12-20-2017, 08:24 PM)tllim Wrote: Good news, Allwinner BU3 just release A64 MALI-400 64 bit Wayland driver to Pine64. Here is the link: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Mali_Dr...bit_driver

This is awesome Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I have a pine64 board (2GB RAM) from kickstarter. I want to activate MALI hardware acceleration (I want to run glmark2-es2 with libmali.so from ARM).
I download xenial-minimal-pine64-bspkernel-0.7.5-88.img.xz on my laptop and unpack the img file. I copy the img file to the microSD card:
Code:
unxz xenial-minimal-pine64-bspkernel-0.7.5-88.img.xz
dd bs=4M if=xenial-minimal-pine64-bspkernel-0.7.5-88.img of=/dev/sdb
I put the microSD card in the pine64 board and after about a minute I see a black screen (virtual terminal 1) with a login text.
I login with user:pine64/pass:pine64.
I execute:
Code:
apt-add-repository -y ppa:ayufan/pine64-ppa
apt-get update
apt-get install -y xserver-xorg-video-armsoc-sunxi libmali-sunxi-utgard0-r6p0
pine64_enable_sunxidrm.sh
reboot
After 1 minute I see a black screen (virtual terminal 1) with a login text
I login with user:pine64/pass:pine64 and i have no graphical interface.
I was expecting a graphical interface like Ubuntu with windows and mouse and stuff.
I want to login, see the desktop, launch glmark2-es2 from a terminal emulator and see glmark2-es2 running without errors. I understand that in glmark2 a score of 97 is good.

What steps am I missing?
(03-22-2018, 05:20 PM)nugu53 Wrote: I have a pine64 board (2GB RAM) from kickstarter. I want to activate MALI hardware acceleration (I want to run glmark2-es2 with libmali.so from ARM).

I was expecting a graphical interface like Ubuntu with windows and mouse and stuff.

What steps am I missing?

The minimal images do not have a desktop environment (DE)/graphical interface installed.

Try running sudo install_desktop.sh mate and see how that goes. That script is intended to install the DE (graphical interface), but I haven't tried it on the pine64, only the pinebook. I don't see why it wouldn't work through, considering they are essentially the same under the hood.
I'm trying to use this, per pine64_enable_sunxidrm.sh

Code:
apt-add-repository -y ppa:ayufan/pine64-ppa

But when I run "apt-get update" afterwards, I always get this error:

Code:
W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/ayufan/pine64-ppa/ubuntu bionic Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.

Is the script out-of-date? What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to get a video driver so that I can use SDL2 with hardware acceleration from a minimal install.
(04-26-2018, 03:39 AM)Max11 Wrote: I'm trying to use this, per pine64_enable_sunxidrm.sh

Oh, I see. I was using the Debian image and not the Ubuntu one. Switching images fixed the issue but I'm still getting problems that say the sunxi driver is not loaded, even after running pine64_enable_sunxidrm.sh.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Debian support! Luke 84 128,020 03-15-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: grobbs
  official support for aarch64 in OpenArena Opvolger 0 1,486 03-24-2022, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Opvolger
  Fedora 32 Release, improved support for Rock(Pro)64 Tharadash 2 5,769 05-05-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Kickstarter: Allwinner VPU support in the official Linux kernel xalius 8 14,617 10-03-2019, 03:03 AM
Last Post: bunkerWHz