LibreELEC Krypton/Leia/Agile 64bit kernel 32bit libs
Kodi 18 is still pre alpha and the DRM support very experimental. It doesn't surprise me that one can face crashes etc.
When I update to rb-leia22 I lose my static IP and I can't change it. Solved with downgrade to rb-leia21
(01-17-2018, 02:41 AM)Raybuntu Wrote: Kodi 18 is still pre alpha and the DRM support very experimental. It doesn't surprise me that one can face crashes etc.

Of course, but with a frequency of once every ten minutes it becomes a bit unusable. During streaming from YouTube or similar source the crashes aren't all that frequent and I'm able to play at least six hours between crashes, but playback from the external HDD leads to crashes every 7-30 minutes and I haven't been able to play a movie to completion from it either. 

As I'm writing I had a new crash playing music from the HDD so I'm adding a log below.
https://pastebin.com/QTDCn8PF

I'm not even sure it is software related, but I need help ruling out the possibility. 

Besides this problem, I'm honestly pretty happy with state of the OS and find it preferable to Android and a full desktop system like Debian is just too much of a hazzle for what I want to use it for.
(01-17-2018, 04:26 PM)Fraction Wrote: When I update to rb-leia22 I lose my static IP and I can't change it. Solved with downgrade to rb-leia21

I think there is a bug in the LibreELEC settings addon. I just haven't found it yet. Thanks for reporting.

(01-19-2018, 05:37 AM)tattermunge Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 02:41 AM)Raybuntu Wrote: Kodi 18 is still pre alpha and the DRM support very experimental. It doesn't surprise me that one can face crashes etc.

Of course, but with a frequency of once every ten minutes it becomes a bit unusable. During streaming from YouTube or similar source the crashes aren't all that frequent and I'm able to play at least six hours between crashes, but playback from the external HDD leads to crashes every 7-30 minutes and I haven't been able to play a movie to completion from it either. 

As I'm writing I had a new crash playing music from the HDD so I'm adding a log below.

I'm not even sure it is software related, but I need help ruling out the possibility. 

Besides this problem, I'm honestly pretty happy with state of the OS and find it preferable to Android and a full desktop system like Debian is just too much of a hazzle for what I want to use it for.

I think it will be software related. I haven't done any long term experiments yet just a DAZN stream to watch NFL Football without any issues.
It will probably depend on the content you have. If you have some sample video's I can reproduce it just give me small 10mb part of the file.
(01-19-2018, 07:14 AM)Raybuntu Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 04:26 PM)Fraction Wrote: When I update to rb-leia22 I lose my static IP and I can't change it. Solved with downgrade to rb-leia21

I think there is a bug in the LibreELEC settings addon. I just haven't found it yet. Thanks for reporting.

(01-19-2018, 05:37 AM)tattermunge Wrote:

I think it will be software related. I haven't done any long term experiments yet just a DAZN stream to watch NFL Football without any issues.
It will probably depend on the content you have. If you have some sample video's I can reproduce it just give me small 10mb part of the file.
Here you are:https://www.sendspace.com/file/v0ffkw
Thank you for taking an interest in my problem, it is much appreciated.

UPDATE: I've noticed that HEVC encoding seems more unstable than x264, at least I've been able to watch several x264 videos to completion. One of the selling points for ROCK was the ability to handle x265, so most of what I've been watching on the ROCK has been encoded that way.
I have been using rb-leia22 and I'm quite happy with it (despite a few issues) thanks for your work!
I'm also using Entware-ng (guide https://www.artembutusov.com/libreelec-e...tallation/) instead of docker for everything else headless: much better minidlna, aria2, syncthing ...

Would it be possible to have the /opt root folder in the system image to simplify the bind of the mount point required by entware and to avoid having to create it with every update of LibreElec?
Many thanks in advance.
I never heard of Entware but I suggest patching that software to not expect /opt if possible.

About HEVC decoding and Hardware Decoding in General. We are still in pre appha of Kodi 18 and we are in an very early stage with DRM on Rockchip. However it's working very good and Kwiboo, Longchair, Lrusak are making great progress. Next build might be better.
(01-30-2018, 10:52 AM)Raybuntu Wrote: I never heard of Entware but I suggest patching that software to not expect /opt if possible.

It works great, you should try it http://entware.net/ (better than docker IMHO)
Unfortunately I'm not a linux expert, I don't know if it's even possible to patch it not to require rewritable /opt folder
https://github.com/Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv.../rb-leia23

Before installing please read the release notes. There were a lot of changes.
It could be more unstable this time.
There are reports of Kernel crashes with the recent Rock64 build. I recommend to not update yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Libreelec nfs shares nberg@xs4all.nl 0 626 11-11-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: nberg@xs4all.nl
  Linux 5.15 Kernel - openSuse mark1250 0 1,243 12-02-2021, 04:36 PM
Last Post: mark1250
  Security Patches for the Kernel kwinz 9 6,553 10-22-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kwinz
  Debian kernel stuck at 4.4.167 Enig123 5 5,486 12-29-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: kwinz
  Arch Linux Arm --> Kernel 5.8 breaks installation as365n4 12 11,990 08-31-2020, 01:41 AM
Last Post: as365n4
  mainline kernel sound support Openwrt lucize 2 3,992 05-01-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: PakoSt
  5.3 kernel support? csrf 5 6,941 04-18-2020, 11:34 PM
Last Post: CameronNemo
  Help troubleshooting kernel panic gabrielfin 3 4,545 03-02-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: gabrielfin
  need a dts file to set some pins as pulldown interrupts in kernel using a DTO dkebler 0 1,971 02-05-2020, 10:58 PM
Last Post: dkebler
  Any advantages to using the mainline kernel dkebler 0 2,081 11-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Last Post: dkebler