HW Acceleration Working
As far as I understand it, it is just not clear which EULA for the ARM library is the correct one since the stuff we got from AW to work with came with no EULA text file. That being said, a lot of people seem to still confuse Mali with video/audio hardware decoding/encoding which is done by CedarX/Cedrus/sunxi-vdpau and a totally different hardware block. The ARM Mali is just a memory-to-memory 3D accelerator, what you get with a working Mali library that interfaces with the hardware, is accelerated OpenGLES and EGL. This can be used by some stuff running on the X server and some UI that use GL elements (like Kodi), but it has absolutelty nothing to do with general 2D graphics or video ... what maybe is a plus is that for Mali to work, the graphics driver had to be replaced by a drm compatible driver stack that seems to support better mode setting and EDID reading as well as probably makes it easier to get the LCD working with Linux...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
it is interesting choice of words , "driver stack that seems to support.....", i would have rather read "driver stack that supports". my question is, why does all this work just "seem" to improve mode setting & EDID reading?
I wouldn't got as far as stating definite support for some feature just from the observations I had while testing stuff. There is literally no documentation for the driver from AW and there is no such thing as unit tests that would confirm if reading EDID is fully supported. It's working for my TV and a HDMI monitor I use for testing...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
ok. thanks.
Hi guys,

Just wondering if there are any updates on the missing EULA and any other hurdles that prevents the 3D hardware acceleration to be fully implemented for the Pine64. 

Maybe tllim has any info from AW? 
Its been a while since some exciting news are posted in this topic and I am, as many other probably are, super excited about this feature for our boards. 

Hope to hear some really good news soon!  Big Grin
I'm also waiting for a update on this
My Pine64 is gathering more and more dust...
(08-19-2016, 05:23 AM)protonic Wrote: I'm also waiting for a update on this

The same is happening to my board.
It's still useless for what I intended to.
RemixOS is out there, and it supports Kodi, Moonlight, Netflix, Hulu, and so on. Might be worth looking into for now since the latest is that it may yet be a while before this is all hammered out for Linux.
(08-23-2016, 06:59 PM)rcgalvao Wrote:
(08-19-2016, 05:23 AM)protonic Wrote: I'm also waiting for a update on this

The same is happening to my board.
It's still useless for what I intended to.

Same.. I would use it with retropie (but i need to have a video driver to run some emulator like n64 and reincast.
(08-25-2016, 06:05 AM)jkmooney Wrote: RemixOS is out there, and it supports Kodi, Moonlight, Netflix, Hulu, and so on.  Might be worth looking into for now since the latest is that it may yet be a while before this is all hammered out for Linux.

I don't believe RemixOS supports the LCD though...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand New LCD not working adamjedgar 3 6,479 03-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Pine64+: 3 working, 1 shows nothing on tv zumtra 1 3,911 07-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim