Brand New LCD not working
Just purchased a pine64+.

Pine works no problem and i can plug hdmi computer monitor into the board and it runs beautifully, however the 7" LCD is a no go.

I am not using the standard pine power supply. I have plugged LCD into a samsung one ( 5V 2A). Any ideas?

EDIT...ah just saw the email from tech support. Apparently Remix does not support the 7" LCD touchscreen?

Has anyone gopt any workarounds other than to change OS?
Remix OS is third party (made by Jide) and is not an-in house or community made image. In other words its pretty locked down (hence the relatively little following in the community - there is nothing we can do to tweak or improve stuff). To my knowledge no one has gotten Remix OS to work with the LCD. 

Jide will release their SDK privately to TL so he / his engineers can create a custom image for the Pinebook, perhaps he could also create an image that support the LCD then as you are not the first person to ask. For reference, here is what he said: 

2017-03-03 12:15:33 <tllim> Remix will release their SDK (this is not a public release) to me probably on next week and this allow PINE64 configure and update on Remix release 

2017-03-03 12:16:50 <tllim> we will use this SDK to build Remix for Pinebook :-)
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I tried adding the lcd/hdmi version of android to 8gb sd card...pine wont boot into this with lcd. Light briefly turns on then off again...nothing after that. havent tried  android with hdmi yet.
Tons of post about this. You have to edit a UNEV file in Root directory.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HW Acceleration Working Luke 272 488,302 03-05-2018, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Pine64+: 3 working, 1 shows nothing on tv zumtra 1 3,894 07-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim