Owncloud Experience Anyone?
(06-01-2016, 08:21 AM)JCMPine64 Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 08:15 AM)jl_678 Wrote: Hi,

I do not use the Windows client, only the web client.  I also have Owncloud running on an RPi2 as well.  It is slower, but also rock solid.  I could use the other platform as a comparison point.

Sure, I am happy to help.  It is really quite easy to setup.  How far did you get?  Have you installed Apache and MariaDB yet?  (Are you using Apache?)  After that, you just need to set the proper configs in the webserver, configure the DB and in general you should be good to go.

I've got everything running, but I'm not sure if it's solid.  Here's basically what I did:
apt-get install owncloud
apt-get install mysql-server
  Created database on 3TB usb drive

Created self-signed certificate
sudo apt-get install openssh-server

From there I haven't done much.  I need to set up memcache, but I've gotten sidetracked by the problems uploading files.

Hi,

To @Luke's point, have you tried uploading files via the GUI?  It is good to start there to see if the problem is related to the Win client or to your Owncloud installation.  

One interesting thing about OC is that the latest stable version is not in the apt system.  (I believe that apt-get gives you something like version 7 and the newest stable is version 9.0.2.)  I pretty much always download the latest from owncloud.org rather than installing it via package management.  RPi had the same outdated package issue.

(06-01-2016, 08:21 AM)JCMPine64 Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 08:15 AM)jl_678 Wrote: Hi,

I do not use the Windows client, only the web client.  I also have Owncloud running on an RPi2 as well.  It is slower, but also rock solid.  I could use the other platform as a comparison point.

Sure, I am happy to help.  It is really quite easy to setup.  How far did you get?  Have you installed Apache and MariaDB yet?  (Are you using Apache?)  After that, you just need to set the proper configs in the webserver, configure the DB and in general you should be good to go.

I've got everything running, but I'm not sure if it's solid.  Here's basically what I did:
apt-get install owncloud
apt-get install mysql-server
  Created database on 3TB usb drive

Created self-signed certificate
sudo apt-get install openssh-server

From there I haven't done much.  I need to set up memcache, but I've gotten sidetracked by the problems uploading files.

Hi,

To @Luke's point, have you tried uploading files via the GUI?  It is good to start there to see if the problem is related to the Win client or to your Owncloud installation.  

One interesting thing about OC is that the latest stable version is not in the apt system.  (I believe that apt-get gives you something like version 7 and the newest stable is version 9.0.2.)  I pretty much always download the latest from owncloud.org rather than installing it via package management.  RPi had the same outdated package issue.
(06-01-2016, 08:26 AM)jl_678 Wrote: To @Luke's point, have you tried uploading files via the GUI?  It is good to start there to see if the problem is related to the Win client or to your Owncloud installation.  

It seems that the apt-get is now pulling the latest version.  I'm on 9.0.2.

Interestingly, I posted the error logs on the owncloud boards and I was directed to try the latest release candidate of the windows client.  So far, it's getting further than ever before.  We'll see if it gets through everything!
Okay, that is good. Maybe I forgot to update or something.

It would still test the GUI upload. This should help clarify whether you have an issue with the installation which it sounds like you do not.

If the problem is the Windows client, then I am afraid that there is not a lot we can do to help.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
(06-01-2016, 08:47 AM)jl_678 Wrote: Okay, that is good. Maybe I forgot to update or something.

It would still test the GUI upload. This should help clarify whether you have an issue with the installation which it sounds like you do not.

If the problem is the Windows client, then I am afraid that there is not a lot we can do to help.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've used the gui upload a bit, but it seems to be limited to just one file at a time.  I've already upload thousands of files via the client, so individual files aren't the issue.  Is there a way to upload entire folder structures via the web?
Hi,

You are right. I can select mulitple files in the upload selection window by shift-clicking, but I cannot choose directories. It seems to be a limitation in Owncloud.

The plug-in linked below might help address the situation. Note that I have not tried this plugin and so cannot confirm for certain.

https://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.p...ent=174536
(06-01-2016, 10:30 AM)jl_678 Wrote: Hi,

You are right.  I can select mulitple files in the upload selection window by shift-clicking, but I cannot choose directories.  It seems to be a limitation in Owncloud.  

The plug-in linked below might help address the situation.  Note that I have not tried this plugin and so cannot confirm for certain.

Windows has WebDAV support, so you can map your owncloud server to a drive letter in windows and then use Windows Explorer to copy your files and folders.

Check this out: https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.0/user...ft-windows
(06-01-2016, 11:24 AM)psychedup Wrote:

You are right.  I can select mulitple files in the upload selection window by shift-clicking, but I cannot choose directories.  It seems to be a limitation in Owncloud.  

The plug-in linked below might help address the situation.  Note that I have not tried this plugin and so cannot confirm for certain.

Windows has WebDAV support, so you can map your owncloud server to a drive letter in windows and then use Windows Explorer to copy your files and folders.

Just an update on the solution.

I installed the latest release candidate of the Windows desktop client (Version 2.2.1rc1 (build 6125)) and it's been smooth sailing.  I've uploaded over 350GB and thousands of files without a single hiccup.  Owncloud on the Pine64 rocks.
(06-02-2016, 02:22 PM)JCMPine64 Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 11:24 AM)psychedup Wrote:

Just an update on the solution.

I installed the latest release candidate of the Windows desktop client (Version 2.2.1rc1 (build 6125)) and it's been smooth sailing.  I've uploaded over 350GB and thousands of files without a single hiccup.  Owncloud on the Pine64 rocks.

:-)