Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian
(02-16-2022, 04:18 AM)Anna Wrote: Thank you guys for your great work, Arno & Co.!
Keep up the great work!

Yes, thanks to Arno (and the Axolotl devs)!!! Smile
Using encrypted Mobian (bookworm) on pmOS CE Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) as Daily Driver, and Beta Edition Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) with encrypted Mobian (bookworm) as Backup device.
Version 1.2.0 is out and you can find the Debian package file here

v1.2.0 release page

These are the latest changes

• Support for the new captcha system - nanu-c
  • Automatically add release artifacts to releases - olof_nord
  • Don't increment unread counter for empty messages - nalysius
  • Make the flatpaks build again! - olof-nord
  • Clean up Makefile - nuehm-arno
  • Introduce a new Layout system - nanu-c
  • Support for Clickable 7.1.2 - jonnius
  • Fix importing contacts - nanu-c
  • The loglevel can now be set from settings - nanu-c
  • Some minor fixes in the UX - nanu-c

Cheers!
(03-17-2022, 03:41 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Version 1.2.0 is out and you can find the Debian package file here

v1.2.0 release page

These are the latest changes

• Support for the new captcha system - nanu-c
  • Automatically add release artifacts to releases - olof_nord
  • Don't increment unread counter for empty messages - nalysius
  • Make the flatpaks build again! - olof-nord
  • Clean up Makefile - nuehm-arno
  • Introduce a new Layout system - nanu-c
  • Support for Clickable 7.1.2 - jonnius
  • Fix importing contacts - nanu-c
  • The loglevel can now be set from settings - nanu-c
  • Some minor fixes in the UX - nanu-c

Cheers!

I installed the debian file, but the app does not open
(03-17-2022, 04:40 AM)user641 Wrote: ...

I installed the debian file, but the app does not open

That's not good.

If it is your first installation of Axolotl, the first start will take some time, because the Electron binary has to be downloaded. We don't ship it in the Mobian package yet (but we definitely have to make a kind of "status message" that there is a download going on in the background...).

If this is still not working, please let me know what the ouput of a terminal start of Axolotl is saying

Code:
axolotl -electron-flag no-ozone

And if that's not working, send me all your logs in a PM and I will look into it. Using the following command with the actual date you will find the logs in the file "axolotl_logs".

Code:
journalctl --since "2022-03-17 10:00:00" | grep -E 'axolotl|textsecure' > axolotl_logs

Be aware that there can be sensitive data in the logs so please go through them before posting/sending.

Cheers!
I had to register on another phone (I needed a reliable one for a few days) and now I cannot re-register on the Pinephone.

With version 1.2, I get a code, but I cannot enter it: I can type the numbers (Squeekboard works with other applications) but they do not show up in the six text fields for the code.

So I downgraded to 1.1 Here nothing happens after proving I am not a robot. It simply keeps showing a small captcha field saying "I am not a robot" and after some time it says "Verification expired. Check the checkbox again". Downgrading to 1.0.9 yielded the exact same result.

Is there any way of circumventing the problem, maybe by entering the code via command line or something?
(04-04-2022, 07:43 AM)Anna Wrote: I had to register on another phone (I needed a reliable one for a few days) and now I cannot re-register on the Pinephone.

With version 1.2, I get a code, but I cannot enter it: I can type the numbers (Squeekboard works with other applications) but they do not show up in the six text fields for the code.

So I downgraded to 1.1 Here nothing happens after proving I am not a robot. It simply keeps showing a small captcha field saying "I am not a robot" and after some time it says "Verification expired. Check the checkbox again". Downgrading to 1.0.9 yielded  the exact same result.

Is there any way of circumventing the problem, maybe by entering the code via command line or something?

Sorry to hear that.

Quick guess for a temporary solution:

Start Axolotl and open Firefox with the adress 127.0.0.1:9080.

This should show the same window as Axolotl but not via Electron (which seems to be the cause of the failing input).

Let me know, if that works.
(04-04-2022, 09:03 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Let me know, if that works.

It does! Thank you!
(04-05-2022, 05:40 AM)Anna Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 09:03 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Let me know, if that works.

It does! Thank you!

You're very welcome.

I hope Electron apps will work flawlessly on the Pinephone some day...
Arno, I sent you some logs for Axolotl not working for version 1.2, anything else you might need?
(04-14-2022, 02:10 PM)ragreenburg Wrote: Arno, I sent you some logs for Axolotl not working for version 1.2, anything else you might need?

Thanks again for your logs and good news: Help is on its way.

Signal might have changed an URL in their system and nanu-c (Axolotl main-dev) will look into it tomorrow.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobian repository status henrythemouse 16 8,743 04-10-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: diederik
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 2,002 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 131 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,630 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,994 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,819 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 633 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,889 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,898 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 630 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton