Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian
(11-17-2021, 10:02 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: I am on Axolotl 1.0.7 and I am unable to receive messages but I seem to be able to send them just fine, started about a week ago. Anyone else having this issue?

Hello there,

sadly, that's the current state of Axolotl. But nanu-c and jonnius are working on the issue as fast as they can. A bit more time is needed but it's looking quite good.

When v1.0.8 with the fix is out, I will post it here.

Cheers!
Question 
I can still send and recieve Smile , and Axolotl looks much nicer now sice latest update Smile ... but since the Axolotl update I can no longer type emojis and no "o" or "z". Huh
This only happens in Axolotl, and I can still type those symbols/chars in other applications an copy&paste them into Axolotl. Very strange. Am I the only one?
Using encrypted Mobian (bookworm) on pmOS CE Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) as Daily Driver, and Beta Edition Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) with encrypted Mobian (bookworm) as Backup device.
(11-17-2021, 02:14 PM)dante404 Wrote: I can still send and recieve Smile , and Axolotl looks much nicer now sice latest update Smile ... but since the Axolotl update I can no longer type emojis and no "o" or "z". Huh
This only happens in Axolotl, and I can still type those symbols/chars in other applications an copy&paste them into Axolotl. Very strange. Am I the only one?

That's indeed new since the latest Electron update - Could you post an issue here with some details? That would be great!

https://github.com/nanu-c/axolotl/issues

Thanks a lot!
(11-17-2021, 02:14 PM)dante404 Wrote: I can still send and recieve Smile , and Axolotl looks much nicer now sice latest update Smile ... but since the Axolotl update I can no longer type emojis and no "o" or "z". Huh

Here is the bug report

https://github.com/nanu-c/axolotl/issues/635
Here you can find an arm64 package of Axolotl for Mobian or other Debian-based distros in version 1.0.8.
This version of Axolotl was cross-compiled from scratch using the repository Makefile and has the following main improvements:
  • Support receiving unidentfied sender messages -> fixes receiving messages
  • French translation updated
  • Delete warning message
  • Standardise gettext usage
  • Update electron (REVOKED ON MOBIAN DUE TO ELECTRON-WAYLAND BUG)
  • Cross-compile capabilities in the makefile
  • Debian packaging improvements

https://github.com/nuehm-arno/axolotl-mobian-package

Cheers!
(11-17-2021, 03:02 PM)arno_nuehm Wrote: That's indeed new since the latest Electron update - Could you post an issue here with some details? That would be great!

Sorry for not posting the bug report myself  Sad - I'm only checking the pine64 forum 1-2 times a week...
Using encrypted Mobian (bookworm) on pmOS CE Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) as Daily Driver, and Beta Edition Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) with encrypted Mobian (bookworm) as Backup device.
(11-23-2021, 02:43 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Here you can find an arm64 package of Axolotl for Mobian or other Debian-based distros in version 1.0.8.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, guys!

However, I cannot link Axolotl to the Signal Desktop App (which was not problem in the past). Entering the code and pressing add in Settings/Linked Devices in Axolotl does not produce any change in the Signal App.

But it's great to be able to use Signal on the Pinephone again!
(11-24-2021, 11:34 AM)Anna Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 02:43 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Here you can find an arm64 package of Axolotl for Mobian or other Debian-based distros in version 1.0.8.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, guys!

However, I cannot link Axolotl to the Signal Desktop App (which was not problem in the past). Entering the code and pressing add in Settings/Linked Devices in Axolotl does not produce any change in the Signal App.

But it's great to be able to use Signal on the Pinephone again!

You are very welcome!

Signal changed the import string of the QR-code for Signal Desktop. Do you run Signal Desktop in the latest version? If not, please try an update, because the old "tsdevice..." string is not working anymore. It should start with "sgnl...".
(11-24-2021, 11:48 AM)arno_nuehm Wrote: Do you run Signal Desktop in the latest version? If not, please try an update, because the old "tsdevice..." string is not working anymore. It should start with "sgnl...".

That fixed it, thank you!

I'm really happy that everything is working again. Axolotol is really crucial, somewhere at the top of my personal list of indispensable apps.
Axolotl stopped sending / receiving messages two days ago (Deskotp App still works).

In anybody else experiencing problems?

EDIT: Just started Axolotl now and all at once received several messages I had received and written (in the Deskop app) over the past tow days -- but not all of the. In one chat, I only got the messages till 20 hours ago, in another chat, I only receive the messages that I write (again: in the desktop app) but not the replies.

Very strange.

EDIT 2: Restarted Axolotl again and received even more of the missing messages. Remains erratic though, in one chat for example I only got the messages I had received, not the ones I had sent.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,452 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,714 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,688 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 581 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,799 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM