Plasma Mobile - How supposed to change screen brightness?
When booting up with Plasma Mobile, the screen brightness is set to minimum.

Looking at the action menu at the top, I can find two icons which look like any other ions of suns indicating brightness. In this case there is no slider, and pressing on the icons does nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
> > Screen brightness is in settings under Power.

Of the Distro's I have tried myself, I have not yet seen one with a shortcut on the top drop down menu.

BUT it may be on their roadmap for the future.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
There is no menu "Power" in the settings in Plasma Mobile I can find.
Manjaro/Plasma ?
I don't have that OS in any of my phones at the moment, guess I can flash an sd card and look again.
Seems I remember the settings menu 'was' the same as Mobians.
It has been a while, so I guess it could be interesting to look at Manjaro again.
I'll take a look and get back to here.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
So I have Manjaro Plasma on a sd card running on a PMOS Convergent phone now...

Sure has lots of eye candy !   Big Grin

But lots of stuff appears to not work ?
  I did make a few outgoing calls, and incoming.
..*  and now it says modem is NOT connected !  >(the icon at the top shows connected & strong signal ? )
..... but it will make a call ?
  Text will randomly send after hitting send repeatedly, 

Thinking updates might help, I am attempting to do updates... It shows a whole page of updates.
It did do updates but it was just a black screen with no progress indicators.

I cannot find any Brightness settings ether.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
There is an "Energy" setting, but that is for screen dim and lock. I think best to do updates in SSH. I have noticed many distros will fail in the GUI.

I also have the Manjaro Phosh on the eMMC card , and I the modem will shut down after booting, and unlocking the screen.
(10-06-2021, 06:50 PM)KNERD Wrote: There is an "Energy" setting, but that is for screen dim and lock. I think best to do updates in SSH. I have noticed many distros will fail in the GUI.

I also have the Manjaro Phosh on the eMMC card , and I the modem will shut down after booting, and unlocking the screen.

....  yesterday when I tried Plasma,  it said no modem detected,  * but it still made and received calls and did 2 way texts  ? ? Huh
        I tried multiple separate times to put in my APN information,  * but it kept  reverting to it's original settings.

The appearance is quite impressive,  ... but function, not so much....   (actually disappointing and frustrating)

* Curious :  Why did they do NOT include screen brightness in the "Settings" ?   *<(Perhaps it needs it own separate App.?)>

***  I would think "Seeing the screen" should certainly be a Priority item.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Again - I don't understand what are you doing there Big Grin
Screen brightness slider is in the screen top side pulldown menu - at first there will be shown row with 5 icons and below them a little arrow (+ notifications window), pulling that arrow down there will be other top menu icons and screen brightness slider Wink
Running beta7+updates here Smile
(10-07-2021, 10:54 PM)acrux Wrote: Again - I don't understand what are you doing there Big Grin
Screen brightness slider is in the screen top side pulldown menu - at first there will be shown row with 5 icons and below them a little arrow (+ notifications window), pulling that arrow down there will be other top menu icons and screen brightness slider Wink
Running beta7+updates here Smile

[Image: JClYDZ7.jpg]

So, where is that slider?
[Image: PoOOUAb.jpeg]

Here Big Grin
As said - Manjaro-ARM-plasma-mobile-pinephone-beta7.img + updates. Also using Breeze Dark theme, colors etc everywhere.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  screen brightness Uturn 1 601 10-09-2023, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  what is wrong with KDE plasma beta15 RC4? Uturn 8 1,331 10-02-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  screen brightness locked Uturn 0 588 07-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Uturn
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,356 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Backup and Home Screen Tinkering on Phosh jakfish 0 809 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  gnome-mobile dev Uturn 1 1,039 02-22-2023, 03:37 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,559 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,479 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Screen timeout makes alarm and timer unusable... Eugo 9 3,792 10-03-2022, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Screen blocker is damaged ("loginctl unlock-session c1" problem) Gon 2 1,853 09-29-2022, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Firewave