Hissing noise when using headphones
(01-21-2020, 05:32 AM)RotatingNut Wrote: Thanks for the replies! I have noticed the same thing with the impedance as well. The "hissing" is clearly audible  on my Major III, but when using my DT770 Pro  headphones (which have considerably higher impedance) the hissing noise is low enough so that it cannot be heard. This is of course no ideal solution, as it is rather an inconvenience,  but for now it works.

From a circuitry viewpoint, it might be a  possibility that there's some sort of interference (the audio is being affected by the constant electrical signals on the board), which would go along with my initial observations that the hissing is most noticeable when the machine is under some considerable load (i.e. YouTube videos...). So maybe shielding could help  with that, right?

Maybe there will be a nifty software solution to this...

I got some traction on this!

1) From the command line, run pavucontrol

2) Click on the "Output Devices" tab.

3) Where it says port, change from "speaker" to "headphone"

That seems to be enough - the sound is much louder and more clear.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hissing noise when using headphones - by dlowe - 07-20-2020, 12:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question High Pitch Noise Coming From Pinebook Pro User 11436 60 83,500 11-16-2022, 02:51 PM
Last Post: kebab
  If booted with headphones in, sound comes from them and speakers stozi 6 5,548 06-11-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  Hinge Clicking Noise on Closing and Opening SamWilts 5 6,247 05-28-2020, 04:26 PM
Last Post: SamWilts
  Issues connecting bluetooth headphones and speakers jamathis 2 3,936 12-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Last Post: jamathis