Lockup during update, force shut down and try again?
Hello, I purchased a used Manjaro Convergence Pinephone package that was allegedly only used for a couple of hours, unknown what occurred during that time. Tried to update first thing as I read that is very important, the phone kept locking up after a few minutes, I was forcing shut down with the power button. Long story short, fixed bad wi-fi at home (weak signal to very strong), finally was able to start an update.

So I just said yes to everything (wanted to get through it before another lock up), update went on for quite a bit, that is, this is the longest I had seen activity without lock up. However, the phone has now locked up without completing the update. Should I just force shut down with the power button and try to update again? Don't know what else, it is locked up anyway Smile
thanks
Edit: forgot to mention, the red light is flashing. Not sure if it was doing that in previous lockups.

update: I did force a shut down, keypad would then not show on terminal, tried shut down through normal button, for the first time I got a "something went wrong, log out try again". good!
update: met again with "(unable to lock database)", had found instructions earlier which had allowed previous update to begin. going to run it again:
sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck
then
sudo pacman -Syu

update: it looked like the update started again where it left off. I again said 'yes' to everything. After update there were many "file is corrupted, do you want to delete it", I said yes a bunch of times then get: "Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded." Going to try update again. The good news is... this is the longest the phone has been on without locking up!

update: ran update again, 255 "checking package integrity", looks like I'm back at the same place: invalid or corrupted package (pgp signature), do you want to delete it
Phone still has not locked up, good!

OK, so again "errors occurred, no packages were updated" How can I update? I did update mirrors before I started all this. Tried again, met with "unable to lock database". Should I be having to run sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck every time?

Messages In This Thread
Lockup during update, force shut down and try again? - by tgz - 01-06-2021, 06:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using too much juice since last update Eugo 20 3,707 03-15-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  recent update Uturn 14 1,902 02-13-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Latest update Eugo 21 8,349 03-09-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Firefox issue with latest update Barugon 6 2,413 01-28-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 29,442 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
  How to disable automatic update checks bdicewk 4 2,367 06-12-2022, 08:10 AM
Last Post: bdicewk
  Locked out after update bnbcwllc 2 1,610 06-08-2022, 04:46 AM
Last Post: bnbcwllc
  Keyboard case stopped working on pacman update rotwang 5 3,172 05-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Pinephone stuck on 'something went wrong' after update gofishus 1 1,589 03-06-2022, 05:48 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Force https? LittleStone 0 935 11-30-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LittleStone