What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future?
#79
(09-03-2021, 08:31 AM)biketool Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 02:28 AM)ryo Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 03:00 PM)Udemoya Wrote: the F-Droid store Cool  (and other apps in F-Droid like NewPipe, Simple apps, Feeder, openWorkout, DDG, Sudoku, openBoard and Forecastie).

FYI: you can run Android on a PinePhone.

FYI on your FYI I have anbox running on Mobian though I mostly use it for a manga reader app(Tachiyomi) of all things as a proof of concept, heavier apps tend to crash it even newpipe.
Anbox is pretty wonky at this time but the default image from mobian wiki has f-droid installed.

I said that because Udemoya listed so many Android-only apps, it reads to me as if he just wants to use Android instead of Linux.
Which is to be expected, I've seen countless of people wanting to switch to Linux, but they want to use a whole list of Windows-only apps on it.
F-Droid is what I understand the least out of those, it's technically like a fancy looking Aptitude, which exists in Debian-based OSs for decades.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - by ryo - 09-03-2021, 06:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 8,980 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,671 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 86,838 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 25,907 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,647 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,638 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,191 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,830 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,225 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,541 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)