What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future?
#66
(08-03-2021, 09:52 PM)bcnaz Wrote:   Number one :  Polish the existing stuff,
 
I agree, bcnaz.  There is a whole lot of ``almost good enough,'' and not a lot of ``good enough.''

The number one necessity is that it has to be a reliable phone.

Being able to count on the phone to ring if I get a call in the middle of the night is absolutely necessary for me.
Getting MMS to work transparently would be really nice.
Having the camera work well would definitely be a bonus.

But, until I can be sure that the phone will _always_ ring when I get a call, I really can't rely on it.  This business of occasionally losing track of the modem is a show stopper.  I haven't had it happen yet on Mobian, but somehow I wind up rebooting Mobian way too often, so that problem may be there in the background.
Pinephone beta edition, convergence model, Mobian Bookworm with Phosh.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future? - by nelstomlinson - 08-04-2021, 11:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 8,980 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,671 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 86,838 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 25,907 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,647 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,638 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,191 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,830 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,225 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,541 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)