Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone?
#43
@Benatti was that trial and error or a calculated size and position of aluminium? From one of the photos I saw recently it appears the GPS antenna has changed between my Brave Heart and whichever later revision was in the picture, which may be a reason some people are having more problems than others with reception. Unfortunately I don't remember where the photo I saw was. Anyone here have experience with antenna design?

@biketool That might be a handy way to get approximate location when you're out of mobile data range and have iffy sky view or luck with sat locations, but it's not an alternative to AGPS. I know some gps systems can get a quicker fix if you prime them with rough time and location, but I don't think this is one of them - at least I didn't see it in the GNSS AT command docs. The AGPS provides an alternate source of almanac and ephemeris data to receiving it uninterrupted and error free from the satellite signal, which can be a problem with our poor antenna.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? - by wibble - 07-06-2021, 07:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 21 22,545 09-11-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: idice
  Pinephone + Keyboard for sale, little use ruemoo 18 14,770 08-23-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Nambo
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 14 25,510 05-17-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: EuvzO8
  PinePhone 16 GB – Free to a Good Home Anna 2 2,297 01-20-2026, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Anna
Sad PinePhone USB-C port and audio jack failure Kevin Kofler 4 8,680 12-11-2025, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Recycling pinephone as home server mdk 6 4,126 12-01-2025, 02:57 AM
Last Post: mdk
  PinePhone, PinePhone Pro, Keyboard/Accessories for sale brb78 5 3,225 11-30-2025, 05:45 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Modem Issues with the Pinephone Temmie19 5 6,720 07-02-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: biketool
Question Third-party cheap touchscreen/LCD for the Pinephone - lost knowledge? mikeb 2 4,935 06-21-2025, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mikeb
  Pinephone not booting sd card... bruv 1 3,654 03-25-2025, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)