PinePhone Beta Edition will not boot from MicroSD card
#15
(05-09-2021, 07:05 PM)Timothy_Ecc Wrote: Since this PinePhone is still under warranty Pine64 has given me a RMA number so I can ship it to them and get a replacement. Should I wait a few days to try a modified U-Boot to see if this would be a workaround for the problem so that others know the solution, or should I just send it out?

Thanks again for helping me troubleshoot this issue so I could confirm that it is a hardware problem!

I would send it in, I think I can make mine fail again. I took a look at it with the board out of the phone and can see how the switch pin is bent and wedged against the metal shell.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: PinePhone Beta Edition will not boot from MicroSD card - by 8bit - 05-09-2021, 08:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 21 22,823 09-11-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: idice
  Pinephone + Keyboard for sale, little use ruemoo 18 15,033 08-23-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Nambo
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 14 25,698 05-17-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: EuvzO8
  PinePhone 16 GB – Free to a Good Home Anna 2 2,367 01-20-2026, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Anna
Sad PinePhone USB-C port and audio jack failure Kevin Kofler 4 8,770 12-11-2025, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Recycling pinephone as home server mdk 6 4,228 12-01-2025, 02:57 AM
Last Post: mdk
  PinePhone, PinePhone Pro, Keyboard/Accessories for sale brb78 5 3,331 11-30-2025, 05:45 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Modem Issues with the Pinephone Temmie19 5 6,858 07-02-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: biketool
Question Third-party cheap touchscreen/LCD for the Pinephone - lost knowledge? mikeb 2 5,032 06-21-2025, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mikeb
  Does anyone know which testpoint is for Fel boot? Jodiwe 1 3,385 03-27-2025, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jodiwe

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)