thaughts on pinephone
#2
I agree with you, it's been a blast watching this phone evolve. I started with UT, then Mobian, and I've been giving Plasma Mobile a chance. It is incredible how much everything has evolved in just the last year since I first got my pinephone.

Passively watching for news updates, it looks like a few people have been making their own custom (better) firmware for the cellular modem in the pinephone. I don't think this will ever come with the phone by default for legal reasons, but I get the feeling that once a bit more progress has been made, installing that custom firmware will help with some of the issues with phone calls.

Personally I've been using my pinephone for media consumption and general internet usage, since the phone aspects just aren't there yet. I too would appreciate Netflix on this thing, but I don't expect that anytime soon, if ever.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
thaughts on pinephone - by rvh - 04-20-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: thaughts on pinephone - by gamerminstrel - 04-21-2021, 09:42 AM
RE: thaughts on pinephone - by megous - 04-21-2021, 05:25 PM
RE: thaughts on pinephone - by amosbatto - 04-25-2021, 04:11 AM
RE: thaughts on pinephone - by dsimic - 04-26-2021, 12:32 AM
RE: thaughts on pinephone - by jfenn2199 - 04-25-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: thaughts on pinephone - by battlegarden - 04-26-2021, 03:27 AM
RE: thaughts on pinephone - by radioheadfan - 04-27-2021, 09:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,059 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,735 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,054 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,028 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,701 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,658 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,210 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,858 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,249 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,591 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)