PinePhone SIM slot
#2
(02-13-2021, 09:04 AM)Niek Wrote: Hello fellow PinePhone enthusiasts,

I received my PinePhone yesterday Feb 13 2012.
I wanted to experiment with one of the different OS available.
When I tried to remove my sim card it got stuck and 3 connector pins were damaged in the process.
I am writing this post to warn those of you who are about to set up you PinePhone for the first time.
Please be careful when placing/removing the SIM card with the sim adapter that is included in the box.
In my experience the provided sim adapter was rough around the edges and the SIM slot is extremely fragile.
I have opened a support ticket so hopefully it will be covered by the product warranty.
If not for this issue I have to say that I am quite satisfied with the delivered product.

Well, I have just done the same thing.  In my case, I read the wiki https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePhone which made no mention of the sim adapter, and so I tried to put the sim card directly into the lower slot.  It didn't fit, of course, and the process of extracting my sim card, as carefully as I could, has wrecked the card and most likely damaged the PinePhone as well.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
PinePhone SIM slot - by Niek - 02-13-2021, 09:04 AM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by jhmorton - 02-18-2021, 05:31 PM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by anhilde - 02-21-2021, 01:46 AM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by greenthumb - 04-30-2021, 04:01 PM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by ganaxe - 05-14-2021, 05:42 AM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by alriks - 07-07-2021, 03:45 PM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by alriks - 07-08-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by lsitongia - 07-07-2021, 10:08 PM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by SteveTarr - 10-01-2021, 03:36 AM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by lsitongia - 10-01-2021, 01:21 PM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by bkuhn - 10-06-2021, 02:33 PM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by iwm - 10-17-2021, 12:00 AM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by lsitongia - 10-18-2021, 11:18 AM
RE: PinePhone SIM slot - by Barugon - 10-19-2021, 09:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 8,999 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,696 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 86,904 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 25,975 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,663 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,642 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,194 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,840 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,232 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,561 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)