Received my PinePhone today.
#7
(09-02-2020, 01:56 AM)stevebirtwistle Wrote: Got mine today also. Great looking device and was able to get through the initial setup and got her running. Trying to make a phone call I got nothing but weird noises from the earpeice / speaker and I cant confirm a connection or not, so I cant confirm the cell worked or not but I did have it connect to the Telus network. I also couldnt test sms as it would constantly ask me to configure xmpp and never let me do anything else.

I installed all the updates provided in "Software" and while browsing in Firefox the phone crashed and went to black screen.
Now it wont power up and no lights come on when its plugged in. I've tried pulling the battery, tried the reset button and tried holding power for various lengths of time.

So, after having it in my hands for about 4 hours it appears to be bricked.

Short of physical damage you can't really brick them. Download the latest jumpdrive image, flash to a sdcard and boot your phone, then you can directly re-flash the emmc chip via USB on your computer.


Messages In This Thread
Received my PinePhone today. - by tigerforce - 09-01-2020, 01:46 PM
RE: Received my PinePhone today. - by DrewTechs - 09-01-2020, 04:03 PM
RE: Received my PinePhone today. - by natasha - 09-01-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: Received my PinePhone today. - by bugcheck - 09-01-2020, 07:27 PM
RE: Received my PinePhone today. - by LazLong - 09-05-2020, 06:34 PM
RE: Received my PinePhone today. - by bcnaz - 09-01-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: Received my PinePhone today. - by evilbunny - 09-02-2020, 02:10 AM
RE: Received my PinePhone today. - by SuperXkoodA - 09-02-2020, 01:02 PM
RE: Received my PinePhone today. - by Myrskyta - 09-02-2020, 01:32 PM
RE: Received my PinePhone today. - by SuperXkoodA - 09-02-2020, 02:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,012 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,710 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 86,953 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 25,993 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,678 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,648 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,202 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,847 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,238 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,572 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)