Phone Won't Detect Music Files From SD Card
#10
(07-29-2020, 11:14 AM)paintchip Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 01:52 PM)Joelandsonja Wrote: I've been having issues with my Pinephone detecting my music files from my Micro SD Card. I ended up buying a 256GB Micro SD card just so I can take all of my music with me on the phone, but for some reason the Music app says 'no music files detected'.

You're not the only one. The music application also doesn't detect my music files (even after I mount he SD card). I even tried making a sym link from the SD card music files to my music folder in my home directory. No dice.

I am able to get the player to import songs by navigating to them in the file manager and opening them with music player, though. Once imported, they stay there. I just don't want to do this for each song in my library.


What the others are trying to dell you is that your SD card doesn't automatically mount in Ubuntu Touch. You have to manually mount it using various methods. For instance, I created a folder named sd in my home directory and then mounted the card there:

mkdir ~/sd
mount /dev/mmcblk0 ~/sd

You can then navigate to the files on the card from the terminal or in the file manager.

Didn't work for me, but I might have made a typo somewhere along the line. 

I'm hoping UBports will do a significant update soon, because this thing has just been sitting in my drawer for a month.  
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Phone Won't Detect Music Files From SD Card - by Joelandsonja - 08-03-2020, 12:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone2 and Cricket Wireless, and VLC? And music alarms? The Almighty Doer of Stuff 3 529 09-21-2026, 10:58 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Default password for KDE plasma pine phone Toni 0 8,381 09-14-2025, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Toni
  My new phone stopped working. gunnygee 3 4,807 12-12-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: biketool
  Pine Phone in Australaa and Telstra tracyanne 2 3,299 12-06-2024, 02:42 AM
Last Post: tracyanne
  Can't complete update of manjaro: wwan0 stays disabled; no phone/text gilford 3 4,351 12-05-2024, 06:42 AM
Last Post: gilford
  2G, 3G still is in phone. Piotr Bujakowski 5 6,781 09-19-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: jennybaso
  Looking for the "non-phone" OS wakyct 7 9,183 03-14-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 12,872 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  install iso from sd card to emmc aular 2 4,042 03-11-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: tllim
  How To Share The External MicroSD Folders and Files On A Network? pinephoneuser22 5 6,891 02-10-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: jakfish

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)