Mainline U-Boot with SPI, NVMe and SATA boot support
#23
(03-18-2020, 04:05 AM)sigmaris Wrote: I guess you're using Rockchip's BSP 4.4 kernel (or one derived from it like Ayufan's or mrfixit2001's)? I think the Rockchip BSP u-boot (and actually more importantly their binary Trusted Firmware) is probably better matched with Rockchip BSP kernel. The 4.4 kernel is probably making some call to the Rockchip binary firmware to reboot the system, which the open-source ARM Trusted Firmware doesn't interpret properly. All I can say is I have been using this u-boot with 5.x Linux kernels and reboot (with Linux calling TF-A via PSCI to reboot) works successfully.

yes, the reboot problem is with the 4.4 kernel from ayufan. The psci is just fine like in linux-mainline-kernel.
But I found the cause in the reboot_notifier of driver/cpufreq/rockchip-cpufreq.c
This driver is missing from linux-mainline-kernel.
When disabling CONFIG_ARM_ROCKCHIP_CPUFREQ the 4.4 kernel reboots just fine with your u-boot.

I guess this is also the reason, why the mainline-kernel runs painfully slow when booting with the old u-boot from ayufan.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Mainline U-Boot with SPI, NVMe and SATA boot support - by hunderteins - 03-19-2020, 03:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (real) Mainline U-boot finally works on SPI, boots SATA, throw away your SD cards NOW aleksei 0 12,721 06-21-2025, 06:21 AM
Last Post: aleksei
  How to use ROCKPro64 PCI-e X4 to M.2/NGFF NVMe SSD Interface Card jykeith123 1 5,334 11-26-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: wdt
  enble boot after power loss/restore dkebler 18 29,671 12-04-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: ok38
Bug Broken boot: What am I missing? mkosarek 1 4,429 09-08-2023, 08:14 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Unable to boot Armbian on new RockPro64 mooseball 5 13,570 07-14-2023, 08:59 AM
Last Post: rockjonn
  no boot white led flashing moserwi 7 13,831 05-18-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: wdt
  u-boot locked on pine64pro ljones 1 4,561 09-06-2022, 10:32 AM
Last Post: ljones
  Cannot get my board to boot deutschlmao 11 19,612 09-05-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: ljones
  U-BOOT Tutorial hazz 0 3,532 07-19-2022, 10:48 PM
Last Post: hazz
  Installation Debian on emmc: which U-Boot and where? vongillus 3 7,847 07-02-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: dkebler

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)