my pinephone battery is dead :/
#1
Pretty much what the title said, dead as in 0v on the multimeter

what happened was I was testing Ubuntu Touch, had the bug where the wifi drops and can't be raised again. I didn't know yet you could turn the chip off and on again by hand so I shut the phone down (via the UT power button menu IIRC), the battery was over 90% charged according to the charge UI. That was a few days ago, when I picked the phone again yesterday, oops

Not sure it's relevant but I should also mention that when I first got the pinephone it wouldn't recognize the battery (it booted fine when hooked to a charger), I have since read people mentioning having problem with adhesive residue on the pins or the battery being wrongly sitted so I assume that's what happened (it resolved itself after a few sd card swaps, I imagine I ended up putting the battery in the correct position).

could it be the wifi chip not being shutdown properly that drained the battery flat despite the phone being off?

question number 2, shouldn't this have triggered some sort of overdischarge protection circuitry?


Messages In This Thread
my pinephone battery is dead :/ - by emptyfortress - 02-12-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: my pinephone battery is dead :/ - by Alho - 02-12-2020, 01:22 PM
RE: my pinephone battery is dead :/ - by leibide - 04-22-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: my pinephone battery is dead :/ - by wibble - 04-22-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: my pinephone battery is dead :/ - by leibide - 04-23-2020, 12:45 PM
RE: my pinephone battery is dead :/ - by leibide - 04-29-2020, 11:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery life improvement freelectro 11 12,518 09-14-2026, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Juergen
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 21 22,677 09-11-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: idice
  Pinephone + Keyboard for sale, little use ruemoo 18 14,914 08-23-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Nambo
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 14 25,590 05-17-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: EuvzO8
  PinePhone 16 GB – Free to a Good Home Anna 2 2,332 01-20-2026, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Anna
  Battery connector dead mdk 5 5,090 01-15-2026, 02:24 PM
Last Post: mikeb
Sad PinePhone USB-C port and audio jack failure Kevin Kofler 4 8,725 12-11-2025, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Recycling pinephone as home server mdk 6 4,173 12-01-2025, 02:57 AM
Last Post: mdk
  PinePhone, PinePhone Pro, Keyboard/Accessories for sale brb78 5 3,282 11-30-2025, 05:45 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Modem Issues with the Pinephone Temmie19 5 6,797 07-02-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: biketool

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)