How can I record video on a Pinephone?
#6
Interesting! Looks like it needs more tweaking to work on Mobian though.

I did find that device references needed to be changed to from "device4" to "device1". (The devices 0, 1, and 2 exist. Only #1 had the required entries.)

Code:
CUR_X=$(cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device4/in_accel_x_raw)
CUR_Y=$(cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device4/in_accel_y_raw)

...changed to...

CUR_X=$(cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device1/in_accel_x_raw)
CUR_Y=$(cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device1/in_accel_y_raw)

However, when running the script after making those changes, the first invocation of media-ctl barfs up on an invalid arg. I'm not familiar enough with that program to know what it's complaining about. Here's the output including an echo of the command line that fails (I believe I got the single and double quotes to echo correctly):

Code:
[mobian@mobian bin]$ ./record.sh test
portrait

**** Executing the following command:
**** media-ctl -d1 -l'"gc2145 4-003c":0->1:0[0],"ov5640 4-004c":0->1:0[1]'

Unable to parse link: Invalid argument (22)
[mobian@mobian bin]$
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
How can I record video on a Pinephone? - by kk22 - 04-22-2022, 07:01 PM
RE: How can I record video on a Pinephone? - by Zebulon Walton - 01-21-2023, 02:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 8,993 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,685 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 86,868 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,658 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,640 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,192 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,835 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,227 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,556 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T
  Does PinePhone support long-term battery health optimization? roseblack 5 4,642 10-06-2025, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)