Trying the camera switch on my PinePhone
#1
Since everything tried so on my PinePhone was working and I had just completed my weekly update to Mobian I thought it might be useful to check out the dip switches and disable the front-facing camera. Clicked down switch 5, which should have disabled the front-facing camera, only. Rebooted the phone and when I brought up the camera app nothing happened except showing the background wallpaper. It appeared as if the camera app was totally disabled. The good news was that when I returned the switch to the off position and rebooted the phone the cameras both worked perfectly. This was contrary to some reports I had read which had described a total reinstall of the OS to make the return settings work. Yaaa.

Am I missing something on setting the dip switches or is there still work in progress? Any comments or assistance is always appreciated. Thanks
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
Trying the camera switch on my PinePhone - by gilwood - 01-24-2022, 05:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobian image for the PinePhone Korfou 2 1,773 04-27-2026, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Korfou
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 80 68,789 12-24-2025, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  camera not usable with trixie? JChdeL 0 1,100 12-05-2025, 01:45 AM
Last Post: JChdeL
  Switching cameras on PPpro Camera app biketool 0 1,139 11-11-2025, 10:44 AM
Last Post: biketool
  cryptocurrency on mobian/pinephone biketool 33 73,606 10-08-2025, 06:21 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 223 346,289 06-25-2025, 01:19 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian Pinephone Notification LED biketool 2 4,251 06-07-2025, 03:19 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  New camera app gnome-snapshot working on trixie? vusra 4 4,884 04-11-2025, 02:53 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Pinephone seems tobe using 4G data instead of Wifi data grump_fiddle_reinstall 7 7,928 02-20-2025, 02:47 PM
Last Post: puffchumpy
  How to use QR codes on Mobian Sid(unstable) Pinephone Pro biketool 1 3,489 01-02-2025, 12:47 PM
Last Post: zetabeta

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)