Try Pine64 Without Using Any Display Adapters - Straight HDMI
First off phoenix card is absolute sheet.

Second off thank you for developing this bored. 

Now to the problem, some people haven't been able to get these things to boot for one reason or another. 
Here is what worked for me after trying 4 power supplies, 4 different USB cables, numerous images, sheety phoenix card software, and terrible documentation.

I'm on windows 10

I have the 2GB pine64.

I have a 2.5a 5v power supply, I will try a lower amperage power supply later and update you all
here is the one I have, please do not purchase it until i update you on other power supplies..
http://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-...wer+supply

you're going to need win32diskimager.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

go download the arch linux pine64 image from here
pine64 wiki page: 
http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release

install the arch linux on your handy dandy micro sd card using win32diskimager, its super simple, it shouldn't cause any errors, knock on wood...

If you have any adapter of any sort going from your HDMI cable to DVI or VGA adapter, whatever, remove it. For some reason that caused problems. Try plugging into something with straight HDMI, try unplugging any peripherals just in case, you can try with whatever you want but for simplicity sake remove them. I personally plugged it into my TV, because my monitor doesn't have HDMI. I did have my wifi adapter plugged in when I booted arch linux. I'm trying to get android to boot right now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please leave a comment below and let me know if this thread helped you, because this seems to be a common issue and needs some visibility, it was a very frustrating issue for me

Good luck.
thanks for sharing! I'm still waiting for my pine64 to arrive. Glad to know it's working for you!
(04-02-2016, 05:11 AM)butteredmuffins Wrote: [...]
If you have any adapter of any sort going from your HDMI cable to DVI or VGA adapter, whatever, remove it. For some reason that caused problems. Try plugging into something with straight HDMI, try unplugging any peripherals just in case, you can try with whatever you want but for simplicity sake remove them.
[...]

ok, thanks ... sounds like this explains my problem. I have some kind of HDMI2DVI-Adapter. I took your advice and used only HDMI. Now I got an output and see my desktop Big Grin

*hurray*

thanks again!
Same thing here. I had the HDMI to DVI-D adaptor from amazon basics and it wasn't showing a thing. Tried HDMI straight to the TV HDMI and it works, but my screen settings on the TV can't be adjusted to get the entire display on the screen. It is too big.

Thanks for the help.

-Adam
(04-03-2016, 02:03 PM)pine.adam Wrote: Same thing here. I had the HDMI to DVI-D adaptor from amazon basics and it wasn't showing a thing. Tried HDMI straight to the TV HDMI and it works, but my screen settings on the TV can't be adjusted to get the entire display on the screen. It is too big.

Thanks for the help.

-Adam
Adam I had the same problem, you should just have to adjust the vertical/horizontal position on your monitor/tv under the menus. Smile Let me know
I was using an HDMI to DVI Adapter on my Dell Display, which lead to a pink colored screen.
When i was using my 4K TV with direct hdmi input, everything was good in the end :-)
After trying numerous operating systems on different SD cards and changing the power supply like 5 times, I found your thread and tried going straight through HDMI instead of using a DVI adapter for a monitor.

Success! It fixed it (although I can hear noise and the screen doesn't fully fit).

Hopefully I can find a software solution to fix this so I can go back to DVI.

This board is generally awful. The amount of problems people are having makes me think the Pine 64 team didn't do any user testing at all. I'm looking forward to trying it out now it actually starts though!

Thanks OP
Unfortunately for me the monitor/tv I need to be using is not compatible. Which just bites.
(04-06-2016, 08:06 AM)MattShaile Wrote: The amount of problems people are having makes me think the Pine 64 team didn't do any user testing at all.

I agree, the issue was that the Pine64 kickstarter shot off like a rocket, and they only really needed a little bit of people to get the idea going. They didn't do much user testing beforehand, which is hurting current users today. Hopefully the common DVI incompatibility issue is fixed soon.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
(04-06-2016, 05:42 AM)Rhymoore Wrote: I was using an HDMI to DVI Adapter on my Dell Display, which lead to a pink colored screen.
When i was using my 4K TV with direct hdmi input, everything was good in the end :-)

The pink colour is caused by the monitoring expecting rgb, and the pine64 outputing YPbPr.

HDMI ports can output either colour space.

My Dell monitor, supports changing the colour settings to YPbPr.  When I do that, it's no longer pink.  I am writing this post using my pine64, plugged into my dell via an HDMI to DVI cable.

Regards
Glen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for PINE64, Model: Sopine A64 lamson 0 1,701 08-24-2021, 08:17 AM
Last Post: lamson
  AC Adapter Which One? Pine64 A64 DB V1.1 2GB REV B (Year 2016) databaseprogrammer 2 3,351 06-17-2021, 05:35 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  Just discovered Pine64 ! - first Q philip_rhoades 4 5,616 04-29-2020, 10:13 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  A newest user in Pine64 Aliko 1 3,912 04-19-2020, 10:33 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PINE64 Installer - Simple Way to Image Your MicroSD pineadmin 101 149,156 01-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pine HDMI -> DVI monitor Pineapple 4 7,644 09-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Pineapple
  Emails from pine64 received as spam by gmail Matan 2 5,657 08-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Leiaz
  How to handle a Pine64 correctly gbjensen 6 16,207 03-28-2019, 11:43 PM
Last Post: InsideJob
Information Creating a NAS server in Pine64 javi_cala 4 8,215 01-21-2019, 02:03 AM
Last Post: bartes
  First Boot HDMI/USB problem reefer 1 4,937 11-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: tllim