Danctnix Linux still maintained?
I realized, that my PineTab2 has not received any updates in a while. Even software that I know has had updates (like OpenOffice) was not updated on the PineTab2. Did I mess something up?
(06-23-2024, 02:48 AM)Corkonian Wrote: I realized, that my PineTab2 has not received any updates in a while. Even software that I know has had updates (like OpenOffice) was not updated on the PineTab2. Did I mess something up?

first i tell, i have pinephone pro and regular, NOT pintab2!

pinephone pro gets updates normally. so is it a problem with mirrors or package management system?
Yes, the PineTab 2 build of Danctnix is still maintained and actively developed. What output do you get with 'sudo pacman -Syu'? If you haven't run updates on your PT2 in a while (like myself, today) you might try running 'sudo pacman-key --init' and 'sudo pacman-key --populate' then retry 'sudo pacman -Syu'. If your keys are out of date, you could have updates being withheld.
Yes, I just updated yesterday. If you’re not getting updates, you’ll need to troubleshoot.
(06-24-2024, 07:05 AM)tophneal Wrote: Yes, the PineTab 2 build of Danctnix is still maintained and actively developed. What output do you get with 'sudo pacman -Syu'? If you haven't run updates on your PT2 in a while (like myself, today) you might try running 'sudo pacman-key --init' and 'sudo pacman-key --populate' then retry 'sudo pacman -Syu'. If your keys are out of date, you could have updates being withheld.

Sorry for the delay. pacman complains about mirror.easylee.nl not being resolved...
(08-24-2024, 10:33 AM)Corkonian Wrote: Sorry for the delay. pacman complains about mirror.easylee.nl not being resolved...

is that a repo you added? easiest thing to do is to open your mirrors file and comment it out, then complete the upgrade.
(06-24-2024, 07:05 AM)tophneal Wrote: Yes, the PineTab 2 build of Danctnix is still maintained and actively developed. What output do you get with 'sudo pacman -Syu'? If you haven't run updates on your PT2 in a while (like myself, today) you might try running 'sudo pacman-key --init' and 'sudo pacman-key --populate' then retry 'sudo pacman -Syu'. If your keys are out of date, you could have updates being withheld.

This is helpful. I will try this and see if it helps me to get my pinetab up to date. However, with the latest release being in March, is there any other tips to successfully run updates when reinstalling from stock KDE danctnix?
(09-04-2024, 03:06 PM)Evergreen Wrote: This is helpful. I will try this and see if it helps me to get my pinetab up to date. However, with the latest release being in March, is there any other tips to successfully run updates when reinstalling from stock KDE danctnix?

For starting from a fresh install of the last img, do the same commands

'sudo pacman-key --init', 'sudo pacman-key --populate', 'sudo pacman -Syu' if 'sudo pacman -Syu' fails on its own.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wrong Linux partitions on image - no Linux Rules. Piotr Bujakowski 0 152 08-18-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Piotr Bujakowski
Star PINETAB – 10.1″ Linux Tablet With Detached Backlit Keyboard (EARLY ADOPTER EDITION) f ullbeking 1 3,723 03-27-2021, 10:32 AM
Last Post: JMoore
  how do I know which linux OS I can install on a pinetab dln949 20 23,815 09-11-2020, 05:07 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX