Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,340

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
4 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 78
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 754
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 49
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,351
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,654
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 159
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,452
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 163
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 89

Question automatic android / firmware updates?
Posted by: bongo - 05-28-2016, 01:53 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (6)

sometimes, my pine64 shows the startup screen for several minutes on startup, and then indicates that it is optimizing apps.
does this mean that the pine has done automatic  firmware / android updates or what's the reason for this behaviour?

Pine64 in standby mode
Posted by: mont3z - 05-28-2016, 09:39 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

Hi,

I want to bring pine64 to a "standby" mode. In this mode I want to disable three cpu cores, decrease the frequency of cpu0, unload drivers, disable HDMI. The only thing I want to keep active in this mode is the bluetooth module.

I'm thinking to use the command below to disable cpu cores:
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/online

Can someone help me on how can I achieve this standby mode? E.g. how can I disable/enable the HDMI?

Thx a lot...

WiFi USB Dongle Support
Posted by: marco97pa - 05-28-2016, 09:37 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Does Android support WiFi USB Dongles? If not, they will be supported in future?

Question lipo battery boot issue
Posted by: Luke - 05-28-2016, 09:02 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (5)

Hello, 

I'm just the messenger of the encountered issue - it was brought to by attention by Arffeh, who asked me to create this post. From what he wrote to me it transpires that a drained or partially drained battery can can cause a failed boot  even if the board is connected to the mains. 

He wrote:
"A completely dead lipo when connected, with the jumper correctly set, causes a failure to boot when correct power is applied (...). I'm talking about using actual normal power, with the battery just chilling out (...) Shouldn't cause a full failure to boot, but yeah. The battery is able to affect the 2.1 amp input (...) [I] plucked the battery and reapplied power [and it boot correctly]". 

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem or has a suggestion of how to resolve this ? 

Cheers

Rainbow Pine64+ 2GB, BT, Batt, Acrylic Case For Sale
Posted by: Major_Sarcasm - 05-28-2016, 08:19 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (5)

Hello all

I bought my Pine64+ to create a media centre and replace my PopcornHour A210 which had sadly died. TL Lim very kindly replaced the motherboard on my PopcornHour kinda negating my need for the Pine.

The Pine is a great board, but is not quite ready in software terms (IMHO) to be a dedicated media player just yet. Certainly not capable of replacing my A210. I think it will be a great media centre in the future, just not yet.

As you can see from the photos, the board is tested and working (I've had Android, Remix OS & Debian running on it (thanks to all the devs on here who've made that possible). 

Included in the sale:

• Pine64+ 2GB board
  • Battery backup module
  • BT/WiFi module (fitted to the mainboard)
  • Official Pine64 mains adaptor (UK plus international fittings)
  • Acrylic case (I added fluffy pads to the metal feet which could be removed)
The package cost me $71 US (incl. delivery) which translates to £48.50 GBP or 63.90 Euros. I will accept £45 including delivery within the UK and I will accept my losses. Outside the UK, there would be a surcharge to cover additional postage of £5.

Payment via PayPal. PM me if you would like the board. I will post via the quickest method that isn't a ridiculous cost.

Photos here.

How to root the LCD android img
Posted by: nath16 - 05-28-2016, 08:13 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

Hi i got the stock LCD android image working and i was wondering how i would root it

tracking order ?
Posted by: whttrsh - 05-28-2016, 07:25 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Before I get comments saying that kickstarter is an investment platform yada yada yada,  Ill point out I didn't pledge through kickstarter, I went to pine64.com and clicked buy now like any other retail pre-order Item as the site promoted it as such an item.  I know the team are busy with orders etc,  but how am I sposed to know the status of my order.
I ordered and was charged at beginning of feb and at this stage I have no pledge info, no survey to fill out and as of yet have received no email saying there were delays, although I see on here that orders are taking longer.  I have no problem with them being busy but would like to be informed.  All I have to go off is a trycelery invoice that states my order is open and my fulfilment is unfulfilled ??

I would have thought when they start selling on site as a pre-order item that there would be a way to check order status??

cheers

Will the Raspberry Pi 2 camera work
Posted by: nath16 - 05-28-2016, 06:56 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (2)

Hi guys im wondering if the Raspberry pi 2 camera will work on the CSI port and work with android as i was thinking of getting the camera

IF it doesnt does the Pine A64 camera fit into the touch screen frame as i noticed thers a slot for a camera in the touch screen

Horizon GO
Posted by: Pepe - 05-28-2016, 05:11 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

Hello guys,
Before I'll buy Pine 64 I need to know if Horizon GO (from Liberty Global) is working on it.
Because some newer chips from Amlogic isn't supported by that app it shows error 6667.

Pine A64+ 2gb for sale Netherlands
Posted by: acidsalive - 05-28-2016, 02:21 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

I'am selling my Pine A64+ 2gb with plexi case and original adapter for sale in the Netherlands

I live in the netherlands so I prefer a dutch buyer.

Voor die dutch buyer.
Verzendkosten 8,50 
Je kan ook langskomen hij draait nu remix os als je hem werkend wilt zien.

http://link.marktplaats.nl/m1055065359