Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,542
» Latest member: belinda3072
» Forum threads: 15,857
» Forum posts: 115,357

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Pinebuds volume in each e...
Forum: General
Last Post: CaptSpify
10 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
Unable to switch from Was...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Bruce Kissinger
11 hours ago
» Views: 16
Searching for a PinePhone...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: RubiksCube
Yesterday, 12:35 PM
» Views: 35
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
Yesterday, 05:55 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,325
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
10-01-2024, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 90
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
10-01-2024, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,515
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 424
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 294
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,648
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 521

Linux Build Essentials Research
Posted by: tkaiser - 09-22-2016, 11:28 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (10)

(09-22-2016, 11:07 PM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: Longsleep Debian XFCE build

Please stop using this term since there is no such thing! Longsleep did an amazing job getting the BSP stuff (u-boot and kernel) to work with Linux. Every OS image available that provides display output relies on his work: longsleep's original Ubuntu, Pine64's crippled Ubuntu, Armbian's legacy images, DietPi and even pine64.pro's Debian XFCE build.

The only connection between any Debian XFCE stuff and longsleep is that the former relies on the latter's work. That's all. But calling this a 'Longsleep Debian XFCE build' is almost an insult.

Pine64 sales are useless
Posted by: panoflex - 09-22-2016, 05:24 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (1)

Edit. all it took was this post and another message on paypal to get them to refund me. all done.

Missing items and unresponsive support (shipping department)
Posted by: yeohwk - 09-22-2016, 12:51 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (7)

Received incomplete items from my orders. Emailed shipping department, and (Lucy) took forever to reply.

Attached is the email I sent:

Lucy,

You do not read my email carefully from the start. You have resent (the tracking number you provided) to me the items I have ordered, but the item quantities are NOT CORECT.

Quote:I ordered additional items but the quantities sent to me are wrong:

(a) 2 x PINE A64+ 2GB - PA642GBWIFI, but I received two sets of PINE A64+ 2GB boards and WITHOUT WIFI Modules
(b) 2 x PINE64 12C Multipart POT, but I received only ONE set of the item
© 4 x PINE64 Wifi Remote Module, but I received only ONE set of the item
(d) 2 x USB Serial Programmer for PINE64, but I received only ONE set of the item
(e) 2 x RTC Backup Battery - CR, but I received only ONE set of the item
(f) 2 x 5MP Camera Module, but I received only ONE set of the item

You told me in your previous email that you have resent them based on the tracking number you provided. The quantity of items I received simply do not reflect the quantities I ordered. You promised to look into this matter but after such a long time, you just tried to close the case by simply telling me that you have resent them by providing me a tracking number, and hoping that I will accept it.

Basically you have NOT fulfilled the quantities I ordered.

WK

Kodi on Linux?
Posted by: Ophir - 09-22-2016, 12:11 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

Hello, 
The last time I was trying to install Kodi on linux I had trubble with it and I understood that the Mali-Driver is the issue. 
My question is if the Mali-Driver is up and running? and I can install Kodi.

Thx and sorry for my bad English.

Setting up SD card and installing rooted Android using an ubuntu machine
Posted by: edszr.co - 09-22-2016, 09:40 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (4)

Hi There,

I've looked for an answer to this and didn't see one.  Sorry if I missed it.  I would like to install rooted android on my pine 64, but the only info I've seen about doing this shows how to do it from a windows machine.  I'm currently using ubuntu 16.04.  Is there a way to install rooted android onto the pine64 without using windows?

thanks,
Ed

Pine64 and MQTT
Posted by: Grootkonijntje - 09-22-2016, 03:15 AM - Forum: openHAB - Replies (2)

Are there any options for integrating Mosquitto support on the Pine ?
Which Linux distributions will work with it ?

I'm a newbie at Linux, so have a little patience with me please

A little whinge Some simple questions I hope
Posted by: MobileFusion - 09-22-2016, 02:59 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (3)

I have tried asking these questions direct to Pine with no reply. Come on guys you have a good product but a product is only as good as the support.

Anyway whinge over and now the questions...

1. I am going to buy a LCD screen in the next few weeks, but want to know is there is any operating system which would allow me to run dual screen one HDMI connected to the port and also the lcd?

2. Is there any list of PI hats that will work o the pine if not any tutorials and what would be needed?

3. When will the be (as promised) European distributer(must say the shipping is improving things are taking a little over a week)?

Pine64 2gb + stuff for sale or trade
Posted by: Caleb420 - 09-22-2016, 01:46 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - No Replies

Hey everybody.  Well iv lost my patience with this pine board. And I don't want spend any more money to get their wifi module ete.
 I have a pine64 2gb with lcd, and the play case.
 I would like to get a orange pi 2 plus  or pi3 with accessories.  I would also consder a cpu upgrade to my I5 4670 in same 4th gen 1150.  I live in us

RPI2-GPIO
Posted by: mus1c - 09-21-2016, 02:40 PM - Forum: Pi2, Euler and Exp GPIO Ports - Replies (6)

I want to set up a serial connection from raspberry pi 2 bus but don't know what the device would be called in regards to /dev/tty*. It is wired correctly but because the raspberry pi is different to pine64 system the tutorial stopped there.

Pine64+Ubuntu+Tvheadend+DVBT Dongle
Posted by: Shai - 09-21-2016, 04:13 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

Hello
I am trying to run Tvheadend over Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.10.102-3-pine64-longsleep aarch64)
with dongle Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0572:c688 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc. Geniatech T230 DVB-T2 TV Stick
I couldn't make the compile of tvheadend so i have used a prepared .deb file and the service is working just fine. the thing is that the DVB dongle is not recognised on the Tvheadend.

some1 can help?