Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,104
» Latest member: ihateregistrations
» Forum threads: 15,678
» Forum posts: 114,538

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
google will take control ...
Forum: General
Last Post: TRS-80
3 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,175
AI posts
Forum: General
3 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 952
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
4 hours ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 2,026
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: zetabeta
5 hours ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 1,821
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 608
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
Today, 06:35 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 156
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
Today, 05:56 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 578
Heart Rate Monitoring
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Ccssid
Today, 01:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 44
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 08:45 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 160

Two of our sopine's only register 1GB RAM
Posted by: paradise - 08-07-2018, 06:56 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - Replies (3)

Code:
U-Boot SPL 2018.03 (Jul 23 2018 - 18:13:46 +0200)
DRAM: 1024 MiB
Trying to boot from sunxi SPI

U-Boot 2018.03 (Jul 23 2018 - 18:13:46 +0200) Allwinner Technology

CPU:   Allwinner A64 (SUN50I)
Model: Pine64+
DRAM:  1 GiB
MMC:   SUNXI SD/MMC: 0, SUNXI SD/MMC: 1
Noticed 2 of the 42 sopines only sees 1GB DRAM instead of the 2GB. It's the same dram chip as the rest.. :-(
Anything I can test before I RMA these two?

Ps. Also the power led didn't work from start on these nodes but I didn't think much about that because some others have the same issue but they booted just fine. (Led is also to close to the plastic and stops working when you inserted them ~20 times)

PCIe SSD drive still not working ??
Posted by: dr_ju_ju - 08-07-2018, 01:17 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (7)

Sorry if I'm being totally stupid and posted in wrong area, but...

I've just received a new production unit (Rockpro64 V2.1 2018-06-06) together with a PCIe 3.0 x4 to M.2 (NGFF) SSD Adaptor, to which I've added a WD blue SSD M.2 2280 drive.

I'm using Ayufan's latest builds, both minimal & full, but nothing I try allows access to the drive. 

The boot logging shows an error connecting to the PCIe device(s), but I'm not sure what is going on (sorry but I'm unable to upload file).

The drive I've tested in a normal PC & can create\format partitions etc... 

Reading other posts on the site, relate to a resistor that needs to be removed ?  but I was under the impression that the board I purchased was one of the new 'fixed' ones, so should work ok ??

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received....

Rock64 USB3 bugs
Posted by: NitroDeath - 08-07-2018, 04:58 AM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (4)

Hi all,

I bought Rock64 and failed to use my hard disks with it (direct connection, no hub). It seems to work fine and then crashes randomly Sad

I did see similar post here : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5137&page=3

But I Don't use the same Linux (commands unavailable), OpenMediaVault was quite easy to use for newbie.

I tried several Linux distributions (OpenElec, Debian, OMV,...), huge deception. HD Movies are very slow, USB crashes Linux, my RPI Always did run fine on everything without any expert tuning Confused 

Anyone could help for hard disk crashes :  "Kernel panic - not syncing: hung_task: blocked tasks" and give me advice about a Linux image to choose with maximum compatibility ? I'm not dealing about performance anymore, just would like it to work.

A crying newbie Smile

How does the BTO work?
Posted by: maldus - 08-07-2018, 03:58 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook - Replies (2)

Ehi,
I'm sure this has been asked already, but I couldn't find any reference.
How does the BTO queue works exactly? I signed up for a pinebook but I didn't even receive a confirmation email, is that normal?
Will I receive the coupon only when it's my turn in line?

Android Oreo 8.1 source code
Posted by: shinymetal - 08-07-2018, 12:59 AM - Forum: Android on Rock64 - Replies (10)

Hi all,
after successful download and compile, I'm facing to the problem of writing an SD card with the Android 8 Image for my Rock64 board.
Is there a script to do the task?
Anybody knows where to get info about partitioning and writing image to the SD card?
I tried Etcher, but I have no output on the console.
Although, the stock image runs fine, so seems to me definitely a partitioning problems...
Any help?

New kid on the block - AOSC Linux
Posted by: tllim - 08-06-2018, 11:22 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook - Replies (4)

Please check out and give a try:

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pineboo...lease#AOSC

4K Success?
Posted by: bprotas - 08-06-2018, 04:40 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (1)

Hi!

I'm trying to get my monitor to run at 4K (3840x2160) over either HDMI or USB-C using a DisplayPort adapter, but having no luck.

For USB-C/DP. I get no image when booting.

For HDMI, the system boots, but xrandr and the LXDE monitor settings app do not detect 3840x2160 as a resolution (maxes out at 1920x1080).  I have used this monitor with this cable at 4K resolution on an Asus Tinkerboard also running lubuntu, so I feel confident that the monitor supports the resolution.

Does anyone have any pointers for either get USB-C/DP to work at all, or HDMI to detect 4k?

Thanks!

virtual machine, arm host
Posted by: kwarren - 08-06-2018, 11:35 AM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (1)

is there any virtual machine manager that will work on an arm host?
I realize that would probably mean arm client machines would perform much better if they were for arm architecture as well (implied)

Question [Help Needed] Vehicle infotainment system using Rock64
Posted by: fender90 - 08-06-2018, 07:26 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - Replies (4)

Hello guys!

I just bought a Rock64 board and plan to use it for building a car infotainment system.
I've previously used an Odroid XU4 but since I need a device with possibility of adding a DAC hat I switched to Rock64.

I have several questions regarding the board since this is the first Pine64 product I have.

1. I see that the official Android builds for Rock64 have this TV-ish launcher and have some limitations in terms of app compatibility (ex Hangouts). I also saw a post from one of the moderators/admins that there is an early build of "Regular" Android for Rock64. 
Is there an approximate ETA when this rom will be available officially?

2. I used a smart power supply with Odroid XU4 for shutting it down automatically when I turn off car ignition . Odroid has a PWR_ON pin which shuts down the device when connected to 1.8-5v power pin. So the power supply simply closes the connection between PWR_ON and 1.8v pin when I turn the ignition off. I see that there is no such pin on Rock64. 
So my question is if I can connect the power supply to the power button pins to achieve the same result? The power supply should close the connection between pins and hold it for around 2-3 seconds so the shutdown dialog would appear. Is there also an option to shut down the device without "Restart/Reboot" dialog box?

3. Is it possible to use GPIO pins with official Android roms or are there any GPIO libraries (ex wiringPI) available for Rock64 which can be implemented into the kernel?

I guess since many people use SBCs in their cars I will create a step by step tutorial on how to create a CarPC with Rock64 in this thread since I didn't find any existing ones. So it would be quite useful for them to find the answers to the most relevant questions here.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

AMENDED: OpenBSD, GigE Adapters/Chipsets, and ROCK64 STEREO AUDIO DAC ADD-ON BOARD
Posted by: jovval - 08-06-2018, 05:50 AM - Forum: BSD on Rock64 - Replies (1)

I see that OpenBSD's man pages indicate compatibility with various GigE chipsets, but Asix AA88179 is not among them.

(1) Should an Asix AA88179 GigE with and/or without a 3-port USB 3.0 hub work on OpenBSD?
Amendment: man usb shows
axen(4)ASIX Electronics AX88179 10/100/Gigabit USB Ethernet device
so, my question is about both GigE and the hub working (well) together.

(2) Does the 100BT of the audio dac add-on card work on OpenBSD?
Amendment: From
10/100Mbps MegJack on Audio DAC POT board Datasheet - http://files.pine64.org/doc/rock64/DGKYD...6GWA1D.pdf
I see ethernet as merely a feed-through from the board, but my original question remains.

(3) If unknown, shouldDoes the audio of the audio dac add-on card work on OpenBSD?

(4) That is, what driver does it use?

(5) And, worth a mention, does its audio work on OpenBSD?

(4) Can you specify other solutions involving USB 3.0 hubs with GigE?